MEIJER CREDIT CARD REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS (“TERMS”)
IMPORTANT NOTE: THESE TERMS CONTAIN PROVISIONS THAT LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU, ELIMINATE YOUR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY, REQUIRE YOU TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PART OF ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, AND THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. SEE BELOW.
Please read these Terms carefully for important information about your rights and obligations in The Meijer Credit Card and Meijer Mastercard Rewards Program (“Program”). By participating in the Program, you agree to these Terms.
In these Terms, “you” and “your” mean the Account holder. “We,” “our,” and “us” mean Meijer or its successors or assignees. “Bank” means Comenity Bank or its assignees.
The Program is provided by Meijer. Meijer is solely responsible for Program operation and may withdraw the Program or change the terms of the Program at any time. The purpose of the Program is to reward customers for certain uses of their Meijer Credit Card or Meijer Mastercard credit card (“Card”).
FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE TERMS, PLEASE VISIT WWW.MEIJER.COM/CREDITCARDBENEFITS
1. General Information; Definitions. The Program allows you to earn Reward Certificates on the dollars you spend as described in Section 3 below, using your Meijer Credit Card or Meijer Mastercard Account (your “Account”). You can then redeem reward certificates at Meijer Stores (the “Reward Certificates”), as described in Section 4 below.
2. Eligibility; Withdrawal of Program. We will automatically enroll you in the Program when the Bank opens your Account. You may cancel your participation in the Program in accordance with Section 11.Unless you cancel your participation, you will remain enrolled in the Program as long as your Account remains open and in Good Standing and we continue to offer the Program. “Good Standing” means (1) your Account is open to new charges and not over your credit limit, (2) your Account is not more than 60days past due or otherwise in default, (3) your Card is not flagged as lost, stolen, or fraudulent according to the Bank’s records, (4) your Account is not in a hardship or workout program, and (5) you are not subject to a credit counseling arrangement relating to your Account. We may withdraw the Program or deny or revoke your participation in the Program at any time for any reason.
3. Earning Dollars.
The Program is limited to earning dollars for Net Eligible Purchases. Net Eligible Purchases are purchases of goods and services for personal, family and household purposes using your Card and the Card(s) of your Authorized User(s), if any, minus any returns, refunds or credit adjustments, rounded to the nearest dollar. Transactions ending in .50 will be rounded to the nearest even dollar.
Dollars are not earned on, and the term “Net Eligible Purchases” does not include: returns, refunds, credit adjustments, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, charges that violate the terms of your Account Agreement, purchases made by or for a business or for a business purpose, balance transfers, cash advances or any other transaction treated like a cash advance, interest, fees or other Account activity. We have the right to deduct dollars from your dollars balance for charges that were not or do not remain Net Eligible Purchases. If your dollars balance goes negative, you must first earn dollars to bring your dollars balance to zero before earning any dollars eligible for redemption. Dollars you earn may not be combined with dollars earned on any other credit account. Dollars earned have no cash value and may not be used as payment of any outstanding obligation to the Bank or its affiliates or to us or our affiliates.
(a) Dollars for Net Eligible Purchases. You will earn dollars for Net Eligible Purchases so long as your Account is in Good Standing.
- For the Meijer Credit Card: $750 spend of Net Eligible Purchase at any Meijer Store or Fuel Station = $10 reward
- For the Meijer Mastercard: $750 spend of Net Eligible Purchase at any Meijer Store, Meijer Fuel Station and everywhere else Mastercard is accepted = $10 reward
(b) Dollars for Special Offers. From time to time, we may make special offers for you to earn additional dollars for Net Eligible Purchases. These additional dollars are called “Bonus Dollars.” The way to earn Bonus Dollars, and the Bonus Dollars that can be earned, may vary. Read each offer carefully, as there may be important conditions or limitations, such as blackout periods, Bonus Dollar limits, or exclusions. You may have to register to qualify for the offer. We may change or withdraw an offer at any time without notice. Any such change or withdrawal will not affect Bonus Dollars already earned. Your Net Eligible Purchase must be completed and the transaction charged to your Account during the special offer period in order for you to earn the applicable Bonus Dollars. For mail order, special order, online, and other purchases, please be aware that the merchant may not charge your Account until items purchased have shipped. During special offer periods, making a return in the same transaction as your purchase may result in earning fewer dollars because dollars are calculated off of your Net Eligible Purchase (in this case, your purchase minus return).
*Merchant Classification: Each retailer, business or any other place where you can make a purchase (“Merchant”) – is assigned a code that indicates the Merchant’s area of business. For example, gas stations or grocery stores are each generally assigned a specific merchant code. We don’t assign or have any control over merchant codes. Merchant codes are chosen and assigned by a third party, who may change the codes from time to time. When you make a purchase at a Merchant, we are provided the code for the Merchant. If the merchant code matches a category that gives you additional dollars, you will receive the additional dollars for that purchase. Because we don’t control what code a Merchant is assigned, sometimes a purchase that you think fits a certain category may not earn additional dollars.
(c) Posting of Dollars Earned; Expiration; Forfeiture. Dollars are considered spent when they are posted to your balance, which generally will be on the same day that the purchase is posted to your Account. However, dollars may take up to 3 days to be posted following a Net Eligible Purchase. For special promotions, Bonus Dollars may be awarded at the end of a promotional period. Please refer to the specific offer for details. We reserve the right to verify and adjust dollars at any time prior to or following posting or redemption. Your dollars spent balance shown on Account Center will be updated daily. At any time, we may verify and adjust your Dollars balance based on our records and based on certain purchases not constituting, or no longer constituting, Net Eligible Purchases.
There is no maximum number of dollars that may be earned per billing period or year.
Dollars not applied to a Reward Certificate will be carried over to the following statement period. However, dollars will expire 12 months after the date that they are spent. Once dollars expire, they may not be redeemed. You will also forfeit your unused and unexpired dollars if you attempt to violate the prohibitions on the transfer of dollars, if you file for bankruptcy, or if the Bank or you close your Account for any reason. You will not be entitled to and will not receive any compensation from us for your dollars that expire or are forfeited.
Dollars may not be sold, purchased, brokered, bartered, transferred or altered in any way by you. Any attempted transaction of such sort will automatically be void. Anyone engaging in such transactions will be liable for damages to us, including, but not limited to consequential damages, third party damages, transaction costs, attorney’s fees and court costs. Any violation of these provisions will result in termination of your eligibility to participate in the Program and forfeiture of unused Dollars.
4. Rewards. You will receive a $10 Reward Certificate automatically each time you spend $750 on Net Eligible Purchases on your Meijer MasterCard or Meijer Credit Card account. Certain exclusions may apply to Reward Certificates; please see Reward Certificate for specific details and exclusions.
$750 Net Eligible Purchases = $10 reward
Reward Certificates will be sent to you in one of two ways:
- Digital Rewards: You may earn a maximum of two Reward Certificates per day. Dollars will be redeemed on a "first in, first out" basis, such that the first dollars earned will be the first dollars redeemed. Any dollars above the maximum redemption will roll over to the next earning period. You may opt in to digital rewards at mperks.com
- Paper Rewards: You may earn a maximum of 42 Reward Certificates per earning period. Each earning period is between 15-21 days. Dollars will be redeemed on a "first in, first out" basis, such that the first dollars earned will be the first dollars redeemed. Any dollars above the maximum redemption will roll over to the next earning period.
Once you've receive a Reward Certificate, your dollars balance will be reduced by the number of dollars used to obtain the Reward Certificate. In the event a return, refund, or credit adjustment results in insufficient dollars for a previously received Reward Certificate, new dollars earned will be applied to the previously received Reward Certificate until such time as sufficient dollars are earned to cover the previously received Reward Certificate. You will not be able to receive Reward Certificates or apply dollars toward new Reward Certificates until you again have a positive balance.
If dollars earned are determined to be unauthorized or fraudulent, you will not earn a Reward Certificate for those dollars.
Dollars you earn may not be combined with dollars earned by anyone else for purposes of receiving Rewards. Dollars earned have no cash value, and cannot be purchased, sold or redeemed for cash. Dollars may not be used as payment of any outstanding obligations to the Bank or its affiliates.
We will only issue a Reward Certificate if your Account is in Good Standing. If your Account is not in Good Standing, you will not be eligible to receive Reward Certificates until the end of the billing period in which your Account is once again in Good Standing.
Reward Certificates expire 45 days from the date they are issued. Once issued, Reward Certificates cannot be withdrawn or changed by us, even if we withdraw or modify the Program, except as expressly provided in these Terms.
To the extent allowed by applicable law, we may cancel any earned or outstanding Reward Certificates if we become insolvent, unable to pay our debts when due, file an action under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code or have such an action filed against us.
Rewards Certificates can be combined with other Rewards Certificates. A Reward Certificate is not combinable with any other discount, except as otherwise provided in a specific offer. Reward Certificates have no cash value and may not be applied to taxes or shipping charges. Reward Certificates will not be honored retroactively in connection with any prior purchases. Reward Certificates expire as noted on the digital rewards or paper Rewards Certificate.
Reward Certificates are issued for reward purposes only. Paper Reward Certificates may not be applied Meijer Curbside or home delivery services. Digital rewards may be redeemed at Meijer Curbside but not home delivery. To learn how to opt-in to Meijer Credit Card digital rewards, visit this webpage: https://help.meijer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4692. Reward Certificates will not be honored retroactively in connection with any prior purchases. Reward Certificates may not be used as payment of any outstanding obligations to the Bank or its affiliates. Any additional exclusions or limitations for use of Reward Certificates will be provided to you on the Reward Certificate.
5. Communications, Program Activity and Customer Service. We may contact you about the Program by mail, phone, e-mail or other methods permitted under applicable law. As needed, you agree to promptly update your contact information for your Meijer Credit Card at comenity.net/meijercreditcard or 1-855-703-4527 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) or your Meijer Master Card at comenity.net/meijermastercard or 1-855-782-7540 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788). Neither we nor the Bank are responsible for Reward Certificates or communications lost or undelivered due to incorrect or changed address or other contact information.
You can view your Program activity, the number of unused and unexpired dollars in your dollars balance and any redemption activity for your Meijer Credit Card at comenity.net/meijercreditcard or 1-855-703-4527 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) or your Meijer MasterCard at comenity.net/meijermastercard or 1-855-782-7540 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) for such information and to find out whether you earned dollars from a particular transaction; whether a Reward Certificate was properly redeemed; the status of a redemption order; or want to ask any other question regarding the Program.
6. Dollars Disputes. If you believe that a purchase made on your Account should have resulted in the addition of dollars to your dollars balance, and such dollars are not reflected in the dollars balance within forty-five (45) days of the date on which the purchase posted to your Account, notify the Bank immediately. The Bank will use reasonable efforts to investigate your dispute so long as you notify the Bank of such dispute within ninety (90) days of the posting date of such purchase. If you do not notify the Bank within such ninety (90)-day period, you will have waived your right to make a dispute with respect to that purchase. In order for the Bank to undertake an investigation of your dispute, the Bank may require you to provide written confirmation of the dispute. If the Bank does not receive the requested written confirmation at the address and within the time requested by the Bank, the Bank may in its sole discretion determine not to investigate your dispute. Upon completion of the Bank's investigation of your dispute, the Bank will have no further responsibilities should you later reassert the same dispute. Please note that the dispute rights with respect to your Account under the Account Agreement do not apply to these Terms or to your rights and remedies under these Terms, which are solely as set forth in these Terms. Your sole and exclusive remedy, and our and the Bank’s maximum liability to you, in the event you prevail in a dollars dispute, is for the Bank to credit the disputed dollars to your dollars balance.
7. Limited Liability. Unless otherwise required by law or our agreements with you, neither we nor the Bank, nor any of our or its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, service providers, or agents will be liable to you, or anyone making a claim on your behalf, in connection with (a) any termination of, change in, or suspension of the Program; (b) any claim relating to products purchased using any Reward Certificates obtained through the Program; (c) any loss, damage, expense or inconvenience caused by any occurrence outside of our control; or (d) any taxes that you incur as a result of receiving or redeeming dollars. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any liability that we or the Bank may have to you in connection with the Program shall be limited to the amount of any dollars you have earned in accordance with these Terms.
8. No Warranties. The Bank does not: (a) endorse Reward Certificates or products or services purchased at Meijer using Reward Certificates; (b) make any express or implied warranty regarding Reward Certificates or products or services purchased at Meijer; or (c) guarantee that the reward will work as intended during a purchase.
9. Changes. Subject to applicable law, we may at any time for any reason add to, change, limit, or terminate the Program or these Terms. To the extent allowed by applicable law, changes may apply retroactively, and may affect outstanding transactions and dollars, and may result in you involuntarily forfeiting dollars you have earned. Changes will not affect issued or redeemed Reward Certificates except to the extent allowed by applicable law.
10. Taxes. You are solely liable for any applicable taxes arising out of the accrual or use of dollars or Reward Certificates. Consult your tax advisor concerning such tax consequences.
11. Cancelling Program Participation. You may cancel your participation in the Program at any time by calling us at 1-855-703-4527 (Meijer Credit Card); 1-855-782-7540 (Meijer MasterCard) (TDD/TTY 1-800-695-1788) If you cancel your participation in the Program, you will no longer earn dollars and, as previously noted, you will forfeit your unused and unexpired dollars.
12. Governing Law; Assignment. The Program and these Program Terms are governed by federal law and, to the extent state law applies, the laws of the State of Delaware without any reference to its choice of law provisions. You may not assign your rights or obligations under these Terms to any other person or entity. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS arising from or relating to these TERMS ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
“Claim,” as used in these Terms means any claim, dispute or controversy that in any way arises from or relates to these Terms.
13. Agreement to Arbitrate. ANY PARTY MAY ELECT TO ARBITRATE ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS (INCLUDING DISPUTES ABOUT THE VALIDITY, SCOPE OR ENFORCEABILITY OF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATION), IN WHICH CASE SUCH CLAIM SHALL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS PART OF ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. Arbitration may be elected by any party with respect to any such claim, even if that party has already initiated a lawsuit with respect to a different claim. We will not demand to arbitrate an individual claim that you bring against us in small claims court or your state’s equivalent court, if any. But if that claim is transferred, removed or appealed to a different court, we then have the right to demand arbitration.
The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), JAMS, or any other company selected by mutual agreement of the parties (the “Administrator”), in accordance with the rules of the Administrator. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the Administrator’s rules. If, however, you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be cost-prohibitive for you as compared to the costs of litigation, the Bank will pay as much of the filing, administration and arbitrator fees as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive for you. The arbitrator will not have the power to award punitive or exemplary damages, the right to which each party hereby waives. The arbitrator’s decision must be with written explanation and remain confidential. For purposes of this Section 13, these Terms are governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. sec. 1-16 (FAA).
Opt-Out Procedures: You may choose to opt-out of this Agreement to Arbitrate by sending a written notice within 30 days after the date you accept these Terms for the first time. You may send your opt-out notice by mail or hand delivery to Meijer Credit Card Team, Meijer
Office, 2350 3 Mile Rd NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544. Your opt-out notice must include your full name and clearly indicate your intent to opt-out of the arbitration provisions.
Prior to initiating any arbitration, the initiating party will give the other party at least 60 days' advanced written notice of its intent to file for arbitration. We will provide such notice by mail or e-mail using the contact information on file with us and you must provide such notice by mail to us at Meijer Credit Card Team, Meijer Office, 2350 3 Mile Rd NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544.
14. Entire Agreement; Severability; Conflicts; No Waiver. These Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the Program, and supersede any previous terms and conditions governing the Program we may have provided to you. The Program is not available where and to the extent prohibited by law. If any part of these Terms conflict with applicable law, that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and the remainder of the Terms will remain in effect. We will not lose our rights under these Terms because we delay or do not enforce them. All waivers of any of these Terms by us must be in a writing executed by someone with authority to bind us.
Meijer credit card accounts are issued by Comenity Bank.
The Meijer Mastercard is issued by Comenity Bank, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Marks are registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated Inc.