great gifts for father's day
treat dad to a few of his favorite things
cheers to dad
An Old-Fashioned Old Fashioned
For dads with discerning taste. And just like Dad, a good Old Fashioned cocktail never goes out of style.
1½ oz Rye whiskey
3 dashes Bitters
A pinch of Brown sugar
A splash of Water
1 piece Grapefruit peel, about 2 inches long
1. In a rocks glass, muddle the grapefruit peel, brown sugar, bitters and splash of water.
2. Pour in whiskey and ice.
3. Stir and enjoy.
There are as many opinions on what makes a good Manhattan as dads who like a good Manhattan, but this is the one we're mixing for our dads this Father's Day.
2 oz Rye Whiskey
1 oz Sweet Vermouth
2 Dashes of Bitters
1 maraschino cherry
1. Fill a pint glass with ice.
2. Add the rye, vermouth, and bitters and stir well.
3. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with a cherry.
The Tommy Gun Fizz
The Tommy Gun is built on the Whiskey Sour (whiskey, citrus and sugar), a sturdy foundation for mixers since the Civil War. Our version is a sweet, fruity & tangy sipper Dad will love.
1 tsp Apricot jam
½ Squeezed fresh lemon
1-2 oz Ginger beer
2 oz Irish whiskey
½ oz Grand Marnier
1-2 Lemon twists
1-2 pieces Candied ginger on a cocktail pick (optional)
1. In a cocktail shaker muddle the jam with the lemon juice.
2. Add ice and the whiskey and Grand Marnier; shake well.
3. Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass top with ginger beer.
4. Garnish with the lemon twist and candied ginger if desired.