tropical strawberry hibiscus rum smash
hibiscus is a beautiful ruby red edible flower & adds a flavor approaching lemons & berries
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Total Time: 15 min | Serves: 1
- 2 Tbsp Dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 tsp Honey
- 8 Fresh mint leaves
- ½ Lime, quartered
- ¼ cup Mango, pineapple, or passion fruit juice
- ¼ cup Coconut water
- 2 oz Rum
- Sparkling water, for topping
- 2 Strawberries, sliced
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium size pot. Remove from the heat; add the hibiscus flowers and 1-2 teaspoons honey. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and discard the hibiscus flowers.
- In a tall glass, muddle the lime and mint leaves. Add a handful of crushed ice, the mango juice, coconut water and the rum; gently mix to combine. Pour sparkling water over top to about ¾ the way up the glass. Add the sliced strawberries and top with hibiscus tea.