Crispy skin beautifully complements these tender fillets seasoned with fresh cracked pepper, sea salt, lemon & thyme.
Prep Time: 0 hours, 00 minutes | Cook Time: 0 hours, 00 minutes | Total Time: 0 hours, 00 minutes | Serves: 0
- 8 5 oz. salmon fillets seasoned with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large sprig of fresh thyme
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh lemon
- Wash and dry fillets. Salt and pepper each side.
- Heat skillet on high. When hot, add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Lay fish skin side down. With spatula, press fish into pan for 15-20 seconds, to sear bottom and avoid edge curling.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and allow fillets to cook for 2-4 minutes (depending on thickness of fillet), letting the edges caramelize. Flip fillets, add 2 Tbsp butter and 1 sprig of thyme. Allow butter to melt, but not burn. Tilt pan and spoon butter onto fillets. Continue cooking and basting fillets with butter for 1-2 minutes. Remove fillets when fully cooked, and garnish with fresh thyme and fresh lemon juice.
- The crispy skin complements the tender fillet perfectly.
- Remove excess oil before cooking next pair of fillets.