tangy kombucha tea makes an excellent mixer in frou-frou cocktails like this fancy mojito
Prep Time: 5 min | Total Time: 5 min | Serves: 1
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- 8-12 leaves fresh mint
- 1-3 Tbsp Simple syrup or organic cane sugar
- 2 oz Rum
- 1 Kombucha for topping
- Crushed iced
Hibiscus Simple Syrup:
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Dried hibiscus flower
1. Make the Hibiscus Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the hibiscus. Allow the mixture to steep for 5-10 minutes and then strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer. (Cool before use. Syrup with keep for at least 1 week in the fridge.)
2. To the bottom of your glass, add 4 lime wedges, the mint and the simple syrup. Using a muddler (or the end of a rolling pin or other blunt kitchen tool), muddle the lime, mint and syrup together to release the juices.
3. Fill about half the glass with ice and then add the rum, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved. Top the glass with a little more ice and then pour Kombucha over and gently stir to combine. Garnish with fresh mint and enjoy!