Italian arugula salad with whole grain penne
Prep Time: ~20 mins | Cook Time: 9 min | Total Time: ~30 mins | Serves: 6
For the Salad:
- 2 cups Whole grain penne (dry)
- 3 Tbsp Pine nuts, toasted
- 3 cups Baby arugula
- ¼ cup Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
For the Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shaved Parmesan for garnish
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. While waiting for water to boil, toast pine nuts in a dry skillet, over medium heat, until fragrant. When water begins to boil, add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula, sun dried tomatoes, chickpeas, cooked pasta, and toasted pine nuts. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add shaved Parmesan before serving.