Walleye is mild, tender & sweet, & this easy herbed recipe doesn't cover it up. These fillets are steamed in a delicious cherry tomato sauce accented with onion, garlic, basil, oregano, and parsley.
Prep Time: 0 hours, 00 minutes | Cook Time: 0 hours, 00 minutes | Total Time: 0 hours, 00 minutes | Serves: 0
- 4 Freshwater walleye fillets
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- ⅔ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried parsley flakes
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup Water
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and garlic and sauté until golden. Stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano, parsley and lemon juice.
- Lay walleye on top of the sauce in skillet, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour in water, cover and steam for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve over brown or wild rice. Spoon tomato and herb sauce over the walleye.