easy cheesy lasagna
an easy weeknight classic that sets the bar for comfort food
- 2½ cups 4% Daisy Cottage Cheese, small curd
- 1 lb Lean ground beef
- 2 jars (24-25oz each) Prepared marinara sauce
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 3½ cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 12 pieces Creamette Oven Ready Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Drain the cottage cheese in a fine mesh strainer.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the pasta sauce; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the beaten eggs, drained cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1½ cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- Starting with the sauce, layer the sauce, noodles, and cheese mixture in a 9x13-inch baking dish. (Noodles will not completely cover sauce - they swell as they cook.)
- Repeat the layers twice.
- Lightly press the noodles down into the sauce and then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna stand for 15 minutes before serving to aid in slicing.