Cod is mild & delicate with big flakes & a touch of sweetness. Dredged in batter & fried to a golden brown, it's sure to top your family's list of Lenten favorites.
Prep Time: 0 hours, 35 minutes | Cook Time: 0 hours, 10 minutes | Total Time: 0 hours, 45 minutes | Serves: 4 (2 cakes each)
- 1 lb cod fillets (make sure they are boneless)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large skillet, add oil to about 1/4 inch depth. Turn the burner on to just below medium and heat the oil.
- Rinse the cod fillets and set aside. Stir together the flour, Cajun seasoning, salt and sesame seeds. Place on a large plate or a large flat-bottomed bowl. Put the egg in a second bowl or plate.
- Dredge each cod fillet in flour, then egg, then flour again. Repeat until all of the fillets are coated. Add to the hot oil. Cook until golden on both sides, and opaque throughout inside (about 10 minutes total).