lavender & brûléed grapefruit greyhound
a lavender-laced cocktail with a stunning brûléed grapefruit garnish that is sooo easy
Prep Time: 3 hrs | Cook Time: 1 min | Total Time: 3 hrs 1 min | Serves: 1+
- 1½ oz Lavender-infused vodka (per guest)
- 4-6 oz Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (per guest)
1. For the lavender infused vodka: add 4 Tbsp dried culinary lavender to 2 cups of vodka. Cover and let sit for three hours, stirring occasionally. Strain through a fine mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth or a nut milk bag and refrigerate. (This will be enough for 10 drinks. If you plan on serving more, double the recipe.)
2. For the brûléed grapefruit garnish: sprinkle a thin coating of sugar onto grapefruit slices, then place under a broiler on high. Let broil until the sugar bubbles and edges blacken. Remove from oven and slice each round down the middle (so you have half a slice for each drink).
3. Make the cocktail: for each cocktail, pour 1½ oz of the infused vodka into an ice-filled glass, then top with 4-6 oz of fresh grapefruit juice to taste. Stir in glass, then garnish with fresh lavender and a brûléed grapefruit slice.