make your summer sweeter
This summer stock up on all your favorite candy and ice cream toppings! From classic chocolates to crunchy candy, Meijer has all you need to make summer even sweeter.
JOLLY RANCHER Agate Pops
- Parchment paper
- 30+ JOLLY RANCHER Original Hard Candies in assorted colors
- 10 Lollipop sticks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets or cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Prepare lollipop molds by cutting 10 ovals (each 3 to 5 inches in diameter) from parchment paper. Cut small hole using scissors in center of each oval. Make short cuts about 1/4 inch apart around the center hole. Do the same around the outside of the oval (no need to be precise). Fold the little cuts inward to create walls around the outside and at the center of the ovals. Place 5 parchment molds on each prepared baking sheet.
- Remove wrappers from candies and sort by color. Place each color candy in heavy-duty food storage bag; seal. Crush candies into coarse powder using rolling pin or other heavy object.
- Sprinkle ring of one color crushed candy around the center of a mold. Repeat procedure for remaining molds using desired candy colors. Bake molds 3 to 5 minutes or until candy melts. Remove from oven.
- Using a different color candy, sprinkle another ring of crushed candy around the first ring of melted candy, overlapping slightly. Return to oven; bake 3 to 5 minutes or until candy melts. Remove from oven; repeat process with different color candy to fill in any remaining space. Bake additional 3 to 5 minutes or until candy is melted.
- Remove from oven. Add lollipop stick to each mold. Rotate stick in melted candy several times so that end is fully coated. Cool completely on pan on wire rack. Carefully peel away paper. Store in airtight container, separated by sheets of parchment paper for up to three days.
Smucker's S'mores Milk Shake
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 Marshmallows
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 1 pint Vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tbsp Smucker's® Marshmallow Flavored Topping
- ¼ cup Smucker's® Chocolate Fudge Topping, divided
- 2 Tbsp Graham cracker crumbs
- Turn oven to broil. Coat foil-lined baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Place marshmallows on sheet. Broil 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Combine milk, ice cream and marshmallow topping in a blender container. Cover and process until smooth.
- Coat rim of 2 glasses with 1 tablespoon fudge topping. Dip into graham cracker crumbs to coat. Drizzle 1 tablespoon fudge topping into each glass.
- Pour shake into glasses. Top with toasted marshmallows. Garnish with remaining fudge topping and graham cracker crumbs.
SOUR PATCH KIDS Ice Cream Tacos
- 1 pkg (5 oz) SOUR PATCH KIDS Soft & Chewy Candies, divided
- 6 Flat-bottom crunchy taco shells
- 2 oz Bittersweet baking chocolate, melted
- ½ cup Flaked coconut
- 1 drop Green food coloring
- 3 cups Vanilla ice cream
- ¼ tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Hot pepper sauce
- 1 Lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Reserve 30 candies for later use. Place remaining candies in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag; freeze 1 hour.
- Crush frozen candies. Use small spatula or back of spoon to coat edges of taco shells with melted chocolate; sprinkle edges with crushed candies. Let stand 20 min. or until chocolate is firm.
- Place coconut in small resealable plastic bag. Add food coloring; seal bag. Shake bag to evenly tint coconut.
- Scoop ice cream into 18 small mounds; place in taco shells. Sprinkle with chili powder; drizzle with hot sauce. Top with coconut and reserved whole candies. Serve with lime wedges.
SWEDISH FISH Sushi Rolls
- 1½ Tbsp Butter or margarine
- 20 Large marshmallows
- 3 cups Crisp rice cereal
- 10 Chewy fruit snack sheets
- 40 SWEDISH FISH Soft & Chewy Candies
- Microwave butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1 min. 30 sec. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 45 sec. Add cereal; mix well.
- Unroll fruit snack sheets. Press 3 Tbsp cereal mixture onto each sheet to within ½-inch of edges. Place 4 fish down center of each sheet; roll up tightly, starting at one long side.
- Cut each roll-up into 4 pieces.
Make summer sweeter when you spend time with family and friends with these sweet treats from your favorite candy and dessert brands. Whether it’s creamy, crunchy, chocolate, or candy, Meijer has a huge variety of sweets. Enjoy your favorite on its own or try a new recipe, like M&M Caramel Unicorn Pops, Dove Chocolate Pizza, M&M Power Bites or SWEDISH FISH Sushi Rolls. Stock up on sweet treats for your summer festivities.