Avocado Toast with Bacon
- 4 pieces Smithfield® Fully Cooked Applewood Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
- 2 slices ciabatta (or other artisanal bread)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 4 oz goat milk cheese
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Optional garnishes: pickled peppers or favorite hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven until warmed and lightly browned. Remove and rub with garlic cloves.
- Top each piece of toast with sliced avocado, brush with lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add scrambled eggs, followed by goat cheese and bacon. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves along with your favorite condiments for added flavor.
Bacon Buttermilk Waffles with Whipped Nutella
Ingredients for Waffles
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2½ cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Syrup, optional
Ingredients for Whipped Nutella
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Nutella, softened to room temperature
Directions for Waffles
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to just combine.
- Add chopped bacon and mix slightly without overworking.
- Cook waffles according to your waffle cooker and serve with whipped Nutella and powdered sugar.
Directions for Whipped Nutella
- With electric mixer, or by hand, whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add Nutella and whip for an additional minute or until well combined and smooth.
Garlic & Herb Tenderloin with Apple Ginger Chutney
Ingredients for Tenderloin
- 1 Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- 1 handful Hickory or apple wood chips for smoking, soaked in water and drained
Ingredients for Apple Ginger Chutney
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 Tbsp Peanut oil
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red mustard seeds (or substitute yellow mustard seeds)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Heat grill using Kingsford Charcoal for indirect cooking at 200°F. Add drained wood chips.
- Place pork tenderloin over indirect heat. Cook/smoke until internal temperature reaches 120°F, about 45 minutes. Remove from grill and raise temperature to high heat. Place tenderloin back on grill over direct heat; grill turning frequently until internal temperature reaches 150°F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Meanwhile, make Apple Ginger Chutney. In medium skillet, sauté onions in oil over medium-high heat until translucent. Add apples and ginger to onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer about 20 minutes. Apples should NOT be mushy. Serve over tenderloin slices.
Pesto Egg & Ham Cups
- 4 slices precooked Smithfield® Hickory Smoked Premium Quarter Boneless Spiral Ham, cut lengthwise to fit in the muffin tin
- 2 tsp pesto per egg
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin molds. Line interior of muffin molds with a slice of ham. Crack an egg into the middle of each ham ring, adding the full yolk and only slightly more than 1/2 of the egg white (if you want runny yolks. If you don't care for runny yolks you can add all of the egg white).
- Spoon 1 tsp of pesto into each ham cup, placing it on top of an area with a lot of egg white surface. Bake cups for about 7-8 minutes or until egg white is set and yolks are still runny (or longer if you want the yolks to be fully cooked). Spoon an additional 1 tsp of pesto on top before serving.
Pork Fajitas Nachos
- 2 lbs Smithfield Fresh Pork Tenderloin
- 2 packets fajita seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 bell pepper (any color)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Jalapeno slices
- Sour cream
- Place pork tenderloin, fajita seasoning and water in a slow cooker. Cook for 5 to 6 hours on high or 10 to 12 hours on low.
- Shred the pork and put it back in the slow cooker with the sauce while you prep the other ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Slice the peppers and onion, add oil and sauté on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the peppers and onions are tender.
- Spread the tortilla chips on a baking sheet and top with shredded pork, peppers & onions and cheese. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Top it off with any additional ingredients, plate and enjoy!
Enjoy family meals together by fueling up with Smithfield® products like Garlic & Herb Marinated Pork Tenderloin, Hickory Smoked Spiral Ham, and Applewood Smoked Bacon. © 2019 Smithfield Foods, Inc.