make it a tasty new year
As you count down to that New Year’s Eve party, we’re counting down our favorite WHEAT THINS, RITZ, and TRISCUIT Cracker recipes. From sweet to savory, these flavorful snacks will help impress your guests until the clock strikes midnight.
Sugar 'N Spice Snack Mix
- 2 cups WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- ½ cup Yogurt-covered raisins
- 2 cups Pretzel sticks
- ½ cup Raisins
- ¼ cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 Egg white
- 2 tsp Water
- ½ tsp Lemon zest
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- COMBINE first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- WHISK egg white, water and zest until blended. Drizzle over WHEAT THINS mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with combined sugar and cinnamon; mix lightly.
- SPREAD onto rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 20 min., stirring occasionally. Cool.
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 2 oz Semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tub Strawberry cream cheese spread
- 12 Strawberries, cut in half
- 24 Fresh mint sprig
- Place crackers in single layer on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Drizzle with chocolate. Refrigerate 10 min. or until firm.
- Spoon cream cheese spread into pastry bag fitted with star tip; use to pipe cream cheese spread onto crackers.
- Top with strawberries and mint.
Greek Antipasto Dip
- 1 tub Reduced-fat cream cheese spread
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup Red onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ cup Crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- ½ Small lemon, seeded
- 1 Tbsp Fresh parsley, minced
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- MIX reduced-fat cream cheese and garlic; spread onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
- COVER with peppers and onions. Drizzle with oil; top with feta.
- BAKE 10 to 12 min. or until heated through. Squeeze lemon over dip. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with
Fig Prosciutto Stuffed Brie
- 2 oz Prosciutto, chopped
- 1 Brie cheese wheel
- ¼ cup Fig jam
- 2 Tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- RITZ Crackers
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COOK prosciutto in small nonstick skillet on medium heat 8 to 10 min. or until crisp, stirring frequently. Remove prosciutto from skillet.
- CUT cheese wheel horizontally in half. Place bottom half of cheese on parchment- covered baking sheet. Spread with half the jam; top with half of the prosciutto. Cover with top of cheese. Repeat layers of jam and prosciutto.
- BAKE 5 to 8 min. or just until cheese is softened. (Do not bake until cheese starts to ooze.)
- TRANSFER cheese to serving plate; sprinkle with parsley.
- SERVE with crackers.
Roasted Beet Flatbread
- ½ cup Reduced-fat cream cheese spread
- 1 clove Garlic
- 7 Fresh basil leaves, divided
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 1 each Golden and red beet, roasted, peeled
- 2 Tbsp Crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic glaze
- PROCESS cream cheese spread, garlic and 5 basil leaves in food processor until blended;
spread onto crackers. Arrange in rectangular shape on platter.
- CUT each beet lengthwise into quarters, then cut each piece crosswise into 6 slices.
Place on crackers; top with feta and balsamic glaze.
- CHOP remaining basil leaves; sprinkle over crackers.
- 18 frozen fish sticks
- 72 RITZ Crackers
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp each zest and juice from 1 lime
- ¼ tsp Ground cumin
- ⅓ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 Tbsp Black bean and corn salsa
- Bake fish sticks as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, thread 2 crackers carefully onto each of 36 (4-inch) thin wooden skewers, inserting ends of skewers through holes near bottom edges of crackers. Place on plates, then separate top edges of crackers on each skewer as shown in photo. Mix mayonnaise, lime zest, juice and cumin until blended.
- Cut fish sticks in half. Top crackers with lettuce, fish sticks, salsa and mayonnaise mixture.
Margherita "Pizza" Dip
- 1 container Part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
- ⅛ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Marinara sauce
- 2 oz Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ¼ cup Loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp Tomatoes, chopped
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ricotta, Parmesan, chopped basil and pepper; spread onto bottom of ovenproof skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with marinara sauce and mozzarella.
- Bake 15 min. or until mozzarella is melted and dip is heated through.
- Top with basil leaves and tomatoes.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
Chocolate-Dipped Caramel-Coconut Sandwiches
- 8 Caramels
- 1½ tsp Water
- ¼ cup Sweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup Pecans, finely chopped
- 48 RITZ Crackers
- 6 oz Semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Multi-colored nonpareils
- Microwave caramels and water in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until completely melted, stirring every 30 sec. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Place 24 crackers, top sides down, on waxed paper-covered baking sheet; top with caramel mixture. Cover with remaining crackers to make sandwiches.
- Refrigerate 10 min. or until caramel mixture is firm. Meanwhile, melt chocolate as directed on package.
- Dip cracker sandwiches, 1 at a time, halfway into chocolate; gently shake off excess chocolate. Return sandwiches to prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with nonpareils. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
Roasted Garlic Chimichurri Steak Topper
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb Boneless beef sirloin steak, ½-inch thick
- ½ cup Fresh parsley, tightly packed
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp Crushed red pepper
- 48 TRISCUIT Roasted Garlic Crackers
- COMBINE chili powder and ½ tsp black pepper; sprinkle evenly onto both sides of steak. Let stand 30 min.
- HEAT grill to medium-high heat. Grill steak 3 to 5 min. on each side or until medium doneness (160°F). Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 5 min.
- MEANWHILE, process remaining black pepper with all remaining ingredients except crackers in food processor until blended.
- CUT steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices; place on crackers. Top each with about ¼ tsp of the prepared sauce.
Get inspired for your New Year’s Eve party with these delicious recipes featuring WHEAT THINS, RITZ, and TRISCUIT Crackers. Try Sugar ’N Spice Snack Mix, Strawberry-Chocolate Tarts, Goat Cheese, Apple-Cranberry Chutney & Walnut Toppers, Greek Antipasto Dip, Fig Prosciutto Stuffed Brie, Roasted Beet Flatbread, Fish Tacos, Margherita “Pizza” Dip, Chocolate-Dipped Caramel-Coconut Sandwiches, and Roasted Garlic Chimichurri Steak Topper. © MONDELĒZ INTERNATIONAL GROUP