sweet treats for the holiday season
Get inspired with these fun festive recipes that will help you celebrate the season with family and friends.
BRACH'S® Chocolate Peppermint Belgian Waffles
- 1½ cups Pancake and baking mix
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- 2 Eggs
- BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes
- Whipped cream topping
- Beat first 6 ingredients with wire whisk or hand beater until almost smooth.
- Fold in ⅓ cup BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes.
- Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of a well-greased, nonstick sprayed hot waffle iron.
- Bake until steaming stops.
- Remove waffles carefully.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of additional BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes.
BRACH’S® Peppermint Christmas Cream Puffs
Puff Pastry Ingredients
- 1 cup Boiling water
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
Candy Cane Whipped Cream Filling Ingredients
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- ½ tsp Clear vanilla flavoring
- ½ cup BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 4 oz Semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
Puff Pastry Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the butter to the water and stir until it is melted.
- Add the flour and salt all at once to the water mix.
- Stir until a ball is formed.
- Remove from heat, and add 1 egg. Beat until mixed in. Add the remaining eggs 1 at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up a heaping tablespoon of dough and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, keeping 2 inches in between each puff.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until just slightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely and then slice in half so you have a top and a bottom.
Candy Cane Whipped Cream Filling Instructions
- Combine first three ingredients.
- Beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes.
Chocolate Ganache Instructions
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small, heatproof bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream to a light simmer.
- Pour warmed cream over the chopped chocolate.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 1 minute, then gently stir until the chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly until mixture is thin enough to pour but not so much that it is runny.
- Wait to assemble cream puffs until shortly before dessert is served.
- Place each pastry puff on a plate.
- Open and fill with Candy Cane Whipped Cream using either a spoon or a piping bag. You can also use a zipper lock bag with the corner cut off.
- Put the top half of the puff back on over the whipped cream.
- Spoon or pour the chocolate ganache over the top.
- Immediately sprinkle additional BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes over the ganache.
KISSES Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake
- Cookie crumb crust (recipe follows)
- 3 (8oz) pkgs Cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- 42 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies, divided
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- Sweetened whipped cream
Cookie Crumb Crust Instructions
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together 1½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers, crushed) and 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl.
- Blend in ¼ cup (½ stick) melted butter or margarine.
- Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 8 minutes; cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside 1/4 cup batter; spread remaining batter in prepared crust.
- Remove wrappers from candies. Place 30 candies and milk in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candies are melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Gradually blend reserved cheesecake batter into candy mixture. Drop candy mixture by tablespoonfuls onto vanilla batter. Gently swirl with knife for marbled effect.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan. Cover; refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining candies. Cover; refrigerate leftovers. Makes 12 servings.
KISSES Peppermint Brownie Drops
- 1 pkg Brownie mix (13x9 family size)
- ¼ cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- ¼ cup Finely crushed hard peppermint candies (about 12 candies)
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp HERSHEY'S Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar for rolling
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates or HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Candies
- Stir together brownie mix, cocoa and crushed peppermint candies in large bowl. Add water, syrup, egg and oil, beating until well blended. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease. Remove wrappers from candies.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. (Some peppermint may melt out along edges of cookies. After removing from oven, immediately use edge of knife or spatula to push melted peppermint back to edges of cookie.) Cool 2 minutes. Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Slide parchment paper and cookies to wire rack or remove cookies from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.
YumEarth Decadent Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Topping
- YumEarth Organic Peppermint pops for crushing
- YumEarth Organic Gummy Fruits for toppings
- 1 cup Gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup Coconut milk (or dairy free milk)
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Store-bought organic frosting of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper muffin cups
- In a large bowl or standing mixer, sift together your dry ingredients (gluten free flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt). Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together your liquids (oil, coconut milk, vinegar and vanilla extract).
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Fill each of your muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool at room temp before frosting.
- While the cupcakes cool, use a mallet or mortar and pestle to crush the YumEarth Organic Peppermint Pops
- Frost your cooled cupcakes and decorate with sprinkled YumEarth Organic Peppermint Pops and top with a YumEarth Organic Gummy Fruit. Or create your own winter wonderland design!
TWIX® Santa's Reindeer Snacks
M&M'S® Ugly Sweater Cookies
SNICKERS® Pecan Gingerbread Bars
Celebrate the holidays and stuff those stocking with their favorite candy from Brach’s®, Hershey, Ferrero, Ghirardelli, and Russel Stover. Spend time with family and friends baking sweet treats like Chocolate Peppermint Belgian Waffles, Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake, or Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Topping.