HERDEZ® Salsa is the #1 salsa brand in Mexico
Real Mexican food is about more than flavor. It’s about passion, tradition and preparing meals to enjoy while surrounded by family and friends. HERDEZ® Salsa is a staple in kitchens around the world. Made from fresh, simple, quality ingredients, our salsas represent the heart and soul of Mexican cuisine.
Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos
Chili powder and cumin seasoned shrimp bring a welcome heat, while a drizzle of creamy salsa cools it all off for a craveable, tangy finish.
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise with lime juice
- ¼ cup HERDEZ® Salsa Casera (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- 6 (6-inch) Corn or flour tortillas, warmed or grilled
- Optional Toppings such as shredded cabbage/lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime wedges
- Mix mayonnaise and salsa in small bowl until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt in small bowl. Toss seasoning mixture with shrimp in medium bowl until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium. Add seasoned shrimp; cook and stir 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lime juice.
- Serve shrimp in warmed tortillas. Top with creamy salsa and desired toppings, such as shredded cabbage or lettuce, chopped avocado, tomatoes and fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.
Albondigas a la Parrilla
Expand your barbecue “fiesta” menu by cooking these perfectly grilled meatballs. Are you ready for the ultimate meatball experience?
- 1 lb Lean ground beef
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp Parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 8 oz HERDEZ® Salsa Casera or Salsa Verde
- 8 oz HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa
- In large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and mix thoroughly. Form meatballs (approximately 1” in diameter) by rolling between palms. If mixture appears too wet, add additional bread crumbs.
- Place meatballs in refrigerator and chill at least one hour.
- Brush chilled meatballs with olive oil. Place meatballs on preheated grill, cover and cook 13 to 15 minutes, turning every 4 minutes.
- Place meatballs in saucepan with HERDEZ® Salsa (Casera or Verde.) Bring to simmer and serve warm with HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa for dipping on side.
Wet Enchilada Style Steak Burrito
This enchilada style burrito is served “wet” with a deliciously creamy sauce! It’s the perfect Mexican comfort food for when you want something cheesy and filling.
- 1½ lb Skirt steak
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 4 (8-inch) Tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican-style cheese blend, shredded
- 1 can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Combine HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa with heavy whipping cream and heat until lightly simmers.
- To assemble, divide steak equally among tortillas and top with equal amounts of cheese and black beans.
- Roll tortilla into burrito, pour heated sauce over top and serve!
HERDEZ® is Mexico’s No. 1 salsa brand. With so many unique and flavorful sauces, it can be used in all of your Mexican cooking. Try recipes like Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos, Albondigas a la Parrilla, and Wet Enchilada-Style Steak Burrito. Bring your friends and family to your table with authentic salsas and cooking sauces from HERDEZ®. It’s for dipping. It’s for pouring. It’s for everything.