sweet treats for everyone
It's time to stock up on all your favorite candy for trick-or-treating and Halloween parties.
- 5 Apples, well chilled
- 1 (11oz) pkg KRAFT Caramels
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Wash apples, then dry completely. (Note: In order for the caramel sauce to stick to the apples, the apples need to be well chilled before washing, drying and dipping in the caramel sauce.)
- Insert wooden pop stick into stem end of each apple. Microwave caramels and water in large glass microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 to 2-1/2 min. or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended when stirred.
- Cover large plate with parchment; spray with cooking spray. Dip apples, 1 at a time, into caramel sauce, turning to evenly coat each apple. Hold dipped apple over bowl to let excess caramel drip back into bowl.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until caramel is firm. Remove apples from refrigerator 15 min. before serving. (Note: Caramel apples can be refrigerated up to 2 days before serving.)
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 (10oz) pkg Marshmallows
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 6 cups Crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup M&M’s Harvest Variety, divided
- 1 cup Chopped white chocolate (4oz)
- 32 Candy eyes
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish; set aside. In large saucepan set over low heat, melt butter, marshmallows and vanilla. Stir in cereal until completely coated.
- Set aside 16 M&M’s; stir remaining M&M’s into cereal mixture until evenly distributed. Using greased spatula, firmly press mixture into prepared pan. Let stand for 1 hour or until set. Cut into 16 rectangles.
- Place chocolate in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water; stir until melted. Carefully transfer to re-sealable plastic bag; snip off one corner to make small hole.
- Arrange cereal rectangles on rack set over parchment paper. Drizzle with melted chocolate, using back and forth motion in a diagonal direction, until almost completely coated (to resemble mummy bandages). Arrange 2 candy eyes and an M&M for the nose on each mummy. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
Monster's Mulch Milkshakes
- 4 SNICKERS® Minis (9g each)
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Rocky road ice cream
- ¼ cup Whipped cream
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate cookie crumbs
- Finely chop SNICKERS Minis; set aside. In blender, purée ice cubes, milk and ice cream until smooth. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the chopped SNICKERS Minis; combine remaining chopped SNICKERS Minis with ice cream mixture. Pour into 2 tall glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream, cookie crumbs and chopped SNICKERS Minis. Serve immediately.
REESE'S Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spiders
- REESE'S Peanut Butter Pumpkins (1.2oz each)
- Large pretzel twists (2-1/2 to 3 in)
- ¼ cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Candy eyes
- Line tray or cookie sheet with wax paper. Remove wrappers from desired number of peanut butter pumpkins. For each spider, cut 8 matching curved sections from pretzels which will form the legs. Set aside remaining pretzel pieces.
- Place milk chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Transfer to small heavy duty plastic food storage bag. Cut off one corner of bag about 1/4 inch from the tip.
- For each spider, place peanut butter pumpkin on prepared tray. Attach pretzel legs and candy eyes to spider with melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to set before moving spiders.
Spooky SNICKERS Coffin Pies
- 1 (7oz) Refrigerated pie pastry sheet
- 1½ oz Plain brick-style cream cheese
- 4 tsp Marshmallow fluff
- 4 SNICKERS® Minis (9g each)
- 1 oz Dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. On floured work surface, make 8 cutouts from pastry using 4 x 2.5-inch coffin-shaped cookie cutter. Arrange half of the cutouts on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Beat cream cheese with marshmallow fluff until smooth; spread over coffins on baking sheet, leaving 1/2–inch border. Place SNICKERS Minis on cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining pastry cutouts. Seal and crimp pastry with fork tines. Pierce pastry a few times to vent.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool completely. Spoon melted chocolate into plastic resealable bag; snip off one corner to make small hole.
- Pipe chocolate border around each coffin. Pipe “RIP” in center of each coffin. Let stand until chocolate is set.
JOLLY RANCHER Stained Glass Cookies
- ¾ cup Butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp Lemon or orange extract
- Food color (optional)
- 2¾ cups All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- JOLLY RANCHER Original Hard Candies in assorted colors
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, vanilla and lemon extract; blend well. (Add about 1/2 teaspoon food color if colored dough is desired.) Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. (Batter will be stiff; stir in last part with wooden spoon or work in with hands.) Divide dough in half. Roll each half into ball and flatten to form disk; wrap each disk and refrigerate until dough is firm enough to roll.
- Place candies of same color in food processor; coarsely crush. (Or place candies in heavy-duty food storage bag and crush with rolling pin.) Store crushed candies in food storage bags until ready to use so that candies don't clump.
- Roll one half of dough at a time between two pieces of wax paper to about 1/8 inch thickness. Remove top sheet of wax paper. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Remove excess dough from around cut-outs. Slide bottom sheet with cookies onto tray or cookie sheet. Refrigerate cookies and tray.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line several cookie sheets with foil; spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. When firm peel wax paper from bottom of cookies and place on prepared cookie sheet. With wooden pick or straw, pierce small hole at top of cookie for use as hanging ornament, if desired. Cut out shapes for the stained glass in each cookie using small cookie cutters or small knife.
- Partially bake cookies 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and cool cookie sheet and cookies on wire rack. Fill cut-out areas with crushed candies. Return cookies to oven; bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until candies are melted. Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet. Carefully peel off foil; store in covered container with wax paper between cookies. Makes 30 to 36 cookies.
For chocolate dough: Add an additional 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and omit lemon or orange extract. Decrease all-purpose flour to 2-1/2 cups and stir in 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa. Proceed as above.
KISSES Witch's Hat Cookies
- 24 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 24 Chocolate cookies
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips
- Decorating icing or gel in tube
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Remove wrappers from chocolates. Place cookies with chocolate-coated bottom facing up on wax paper covered tray or cookie sheet.
- Place milk chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Dip bottom of chocolate piece into melted chocolate and place in center of cookie. Repeat for all the cookies. Allow chocolate to firm before continuing.
- Pipe icing or gel around base of chocolate piece. Use chocolate sprinkles to make square buckle for hat, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 24 cookies.
Get ready for the Halloween festivities with these sweet recipes featuring your favorite candy. Whether it’s creamy, crunchy, chocolate, or candy, Meijer has a huge variety of Halloween candy to enjoy and pass out to all your favorite ghouls and goblins. Enjoy your favorite candy on its own or try a new recipe, like M&M's Mummies, REESE'S Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spiders, or Spooky SNICKERS Coffin Pies.