Working at Meijer
The Flash player must be installed or enabled in order to see the content for this area.
To install the Flash player, please Click Here.
Why Join Our Team?
Why not? Meijer is focused on hiring and developing people who want to be the best. The entrepreneurial spirit that evolved Meijer into the first supercenter is present in all of us, and challenges us to raise the standard. That competitive edge pushes us to exceed the expectations of our customers, while building working relationships that can last a lifetime.
Currently ranked as the 13th largest privately held company in the United States, Meijer brings you an opportunity for great personal and professional growth. Training and development, hands on experience and the guidance of our leaders will position you for success, all while delivering value to our customers and keeping positive things happening.
Take a few minutes and learn more about working at Meijer.
The fabric of our culture at Meijer is woven through our rich history.
- Customers: Fred Meijer always said, "Customers don't need us, we need them." At Meijer, we focus on our customers and thrive by meeting their needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Competition: Retailing is a fast-paced business that demands continuous improvement. Meijer is committed to keeping our competitive spirit strong and staying nimble and flexible to win in the marketplace.
- Family: Meijer is a family business. We believe in treating each other with dignity and respect. We are committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
- Freshness: Meijer is known for freshness. A focus on fresh food, thinking and innovation makes us better at serving our customers.
- Safety & Health: Meijer provides a safe and healthy environment for our team members. We create a safe shopping experience for our customers and offer products and services to help our customers lead healthier lives.
These cornerstones provide the direction for working with our customers and
with each other. Come and join a company where having fun at work is just the beginning!
Our 7 Brand Promises offer a solid foundation of how we do business.
At Meijer, we promise to:
- Provide our customers with the freshest product selection
- Provide our customers with different and compelling choices everyday
- Provide solutions that fit our customers in their communities
- Provide an easy shopping experience for our customers
- Invigorate the Meijer competitive spirit by being sales driven in all things
- Be an active part of a talented team that is proud of our company and passionate about our customers
Yes. We know "Familyness" isn’t a dictionary word, but we couldn’t think of a better way to describe team members coming together, creating an environment where people are respected and rewarded for their hard work!
At Meijer, we know the importance of taking care of yourself and your family. That’s why we provide various benefit options to fit your specific needs. Our benefit packages are competitive within the retail industry and are designed with you in mind!
Meijer’s various options, available based on position type, location and/or length of time employed, include:
- Medical/Prescription Coverage
- Flex Accounts
- Disablitility Protection and Workers Compensation
- 401K Plan with Company Conbributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount
- Life Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- And Much More
We believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to treating all persons with dignity and respect. As part of our commitment, the company’s policy is to treat all applicants for employment and team members equally without regard to their race, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other lawfully-protected classification.
This policy applies to all employment-related decisions, including but not limited to: hiring, transfers, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, lay-offs, and terminations. This policy also applies to providing reasonable accommodations to persons for their disabilities or religion, as required by federal, state or local law. Additionally, this policy supports Meijer's commitment to have a workplace free of harassment based on race, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other lawfully-protected classification.
All Meijer team members, especially all members of leadership, have a responsibility to practice and uphold this policy.
While you can find Meijer stores in 5 states across the Midwest, our corporate headquarters is found in Grand Rapids, MI, the second largest city in Michigan.
Grand Rapids ranked No. 2 by RelocateAmerica - Read Article>
Learn More About Living & Working in Grand Rapids, Michigan: