Please note that the Pharmacy portion of our Site has its own notice of privacy practices because of requirements by the federal government. You can find that notice linked to the Meijer Pharmacy webpage located at: www.meijer.com/pharmacy
Privacy and Security
Meijer has adopted policies that govern our collection and use of personal information and we expect our team members to comply with these policies. We are accountable for complying with these policies and will take reasonable and timely steps to ensure compliance. Except as described in this Policy or as otherwise required by law, we will not sell, rent or give information which identifies you personally to anyone. Personal information is information about you that is not publicly available and can identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- When you visit the Sites, our web server automatically recognizes your domain name, IP address, your computer's operating system, browser type, the address of the web page you're coming from and of those pages you visit on our Sites. We may store that information and use it to customize content presented to you. We use this data in the aggregate to determine how much our customers use parts of our Sites so we can improve it. But, we don't automatically recognize or collect your name, email address, home address or telephone number unless you have specifically provided this information to us on the Sites or we have obtained it from offline data.
- We do collect personal information consisting of the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, the email addresses of those who make postings to user-generated content areas, and information that customers volunteer, such as survey information and the information provided to enter an online sweepstakes.
- We may collect mobile and other phone numbers as part of our Promotional Programs and we may also collect your name with your phone number when you register for our Promotional Programs. You may choose not to provide this information, but then you will not be eligible to participate in the applicable Promotional Program.
- When you order goods (including Meijer Gift Cards) available for purchase on our Site, we collect additional personal information including your name, address, phone number, credit card or other payment information (including account numbers and expiration dates), and "ship-to" name and address, if different than your name and address. We collect credit card account numbers and expiration dates each time you make a purchase so that we can process the transaction. You should note that all purchases of Meijer Gift Cards are also subject to our Gift Card Terms and Conditions that can be viewed here.
- We and our partners collect information about you when you visit the Sites, such as the pages you visit and product information you view. We may do this by any or all of cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags (also called clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs), and/or iFrames. Cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags and/or iFrames may be placed by Meijer or by one of our partners. The information we collect helps us better manage the Sites, provides ease of use of the Sites for you, and provides more effective marketing to you.
In addition to collecting personal information on our Sites and through the Promotional Programs, we also collect personal information from Meijer in-store transactions and data provided by third parties. At times we match personal information we collect from users of the Sites and our Promotional Programs with this offline data in order to carry out our services and conduct target advertising and promotions more effectively.
Interest-Based Advertising Choices
You may visit Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Choices to learn more or to opt-out of the interest-based advertising activities of a significant number of parties. The opt-out provided by the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ provides additional opt-out options. Similarly, many mobile devices offer controls you can set to limit the use of interest-based information for ad serving that is collected across mobile apps. Another way to make ad choices on mobile devices is using the Digital Advertising Alliance's "App Choices" app, described here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/appchoices/id894822870?mt=8.
Please note that many opt outs use browser cookies or device controls and are specific to the device and browser you are using. If you change web browsers or devices or delete the cookies on your computer, you may need to opt out again.
You also can limit the collection of certain website information by deleting or disabling cookies. Most computers' Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Disabling cookies may prevent you from using specific features on our sites and other websites, such as ordering products or services and maintaining an online account. Cookies must be enabled, however, for you to use certain services as well as for the opt-out provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance to work.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- All personal information that we collect may be used to improve our Sites, used to customize the content or layout of our Sites pages for individual visitors, used to notify customers about updates to the Sites, used by us and our service providers to contact customers for marketing purposes, used to communicate with our customers about their orders or accounts (transactional and administrative messages), and used for product recalls.
- We may also share your personal information with our strategic partners and other third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf (such as credit card payment processing, and order processing, fulfillment and delivery), but their activities are subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations. We may also share aggregated data with these parties. Aggregated data is gathered from many different customers and does not contain any personal information.
- We may use your personal information combined with your Meijer store shopping information to provide special offers tailored to your interests.
- We may also disclose your personal information to a third party if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by the law, is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, imminent bodily harm, or to protect our company or another individual or business. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities. Specifically, we operate cameras in our stores for security and operational purposes and may provide information we collect from our in-store security cameras to third party loss prevention specialists or to law enforcement to assist in their investigations of the crime, but generally will not link security camera information to other information we've collected unless there is a security need.
- Our use of your personal information will be consistent with this Policy. From time to time, we may use your personal information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post changes to this policy on our Sites to notify you of these changes. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should check back at the Sites periodically.
What About the Privacy Rights of Children?
- Just like you, we're especially aware of children's privacy issues. We know that parents are justifiably concerned about their children's activities online and what's being done with the information they reveal. That's why we will never intentionally collect information from children under 13, with the exception of email addresses used only for reply purposes. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Security Measures Are in Place with Respect to My Information?
• We use prevailing industry practices to protect your account data information (including credit card numbers). While we are diligently working to protect your information, you are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, and misuse. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information, and your personal information is provided to us at your own risk and not as a bailment.
• You may also want to read the FTCs helpful information about privacy and identity.
How Can You Manage Your Personal Information?
- When you go to www.meijer.com or www.mperks.com, you can sign-in and manage your account information. You can also access your account using the Meijer Mobile App or by visiting accounts.meijer.com. Once signed in, you can (1) change your personal profile, (2) unsubscribe from Meijer emails (other than administrative emails), and (3) manage your subscriptions to certain Promotional Programs.
- If you've previously opted in to text messaging or prerecorded phone messaging, you may opt-out of any or all of the programs to which you are subscribed using the following methods:
- For all Meijer text messaging programs, text STOP to 634537;
- For Meijer offers, events, and news text or pre-recorded phone messaging: (1) use the opt-out link at intouch.meijer.com; (2) call 800-313-2912; or (3) text STOPPROMO to 634537 (for text messaging only);
- For mPerks text messaging, text STOPMPERKS to 634537;
- For mCard text messaging, text STOPCREDIT to 634537;
- For Gas Alert text messaging, (1) use the opt-out link at intouch.meijer.com; (2) call 800-313-2912; or (3) text ENDGAS to 634537.
- Click here to access the End User Agreement for or to opt-out of in-store WiFi.
- Some browsers have a "do not track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
- If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop.
Your California Privacy Rights:
- Pursuant to Section 17538 of the California Business and Professions Code, residents of California that are involved in internet transactions have the right to know certain information. This information as it applies to your transactions on www.Meijer.com is as follows:
- Vendor's Name: MeijerEcom, Inc.
- Vendor's Address: 2929 Walker Ave., Grand Rapids, MI 49544
- Return and Refund Policy
- To request an email or hard copy of the information disclosure provided by Meijer pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code or Section 17538 of the California Business and Professions Code, please contact email@example.com.
If You Have any Questions or Comments You may contact us at:
Direct Mail Address:
Meijer Legal Department
2929 Walker, NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544
Policy Revisions and Updates
- Last Revision Date: May 8, 2016