Uncle Bens Converted Long Grain Rice - 1 Bag (32 oz)
1 Bag = 32 oz (2 lb) 907 g; Long Grain Rice - Original. Uncle Ben's Converted Original Enriched Parboiled Long Grain Rice. Perfect every time. Supports a healthy heart and a well-balanced diet. It is enriched with vitamins and iron, naturally fat free, and certified by the American Heart Association. Plus, it has these other nutritional benefits: no saturated fat; cholesterol free; 0 g trans fat; sodium free; excellent source of folic acid; hypoallergenic and gluten free. Meets American Heart Association food criteria for saturated fat and cholesterol over age 2. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- 1 Bag of 32 oz (2 lb) 907 g
- Ingredients: Long Grain Parboiled Rice Enriched with Iron (Ferric Orthophosphate), Thiamin (Thiamine Mononitrate) and Folate (Folic Acid).
- Stovetop directions: 1. Combine rice, water and butter in a saucepan. 2. Bring to a boil, Reduce heat (medium, medium-low) and simmer covered 20 minutes. 3. Remove from heat. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Measurements: for 2 servings (2 cups cooked rice), use 0.5 cups of rice, 1.33 cups of water and 1 tsp butter. For 4 servings (4 cups cooked rice), use 1 cup rice, 2.25 cups water and 2 tsp butter. For 6 servings (6 cups cooked rice), use 1.5 cups rice, 3.33 cups water and1 tbsp butter. For 12 servings (12 cups cooked rice), use 3 cups of rice, 6 cups of water and 2 tbsp of butter.
- For best results: for firmer rice, use less water and reduce cooking time. For softer rice, use more water and increase cooking time. To retain vitamins, do not rinse before or drain after cooking.
- Microwave directions: 1. Combine rice, water and butter in a microwave-safe glass dish. 2. Cover and cook on high using the following times: 2 servings, 5 minutes; 4 servings, 8 minutes; 6 servings, 10 minutes; 12 servings, 15 minutes. Reduce to medium (50%) for 20 minutes. Remove from microwave. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve. Microwave ovens vary: adjust cooking time as needed.
- Rice cooker directions: 1. Combine rice, water and butter into rice cooker. (Note: use the rice cooker measuring cup; using another measuring cup may produce slight variations in the cooked rice.) 2. Follow the rice cooker manufacturer's instructions.
- Manufacturer: Mars North America
Usually ships in 2-3 business days.