Stormglass 200 Mysterious Weather Predictor - Brass
How does it know? The mysterious Stormglass weather predictor has been used since 1750. Admiral Fitzroy, the famous sailor and meteorologist, used the Stormglass aboard the HMS Beagle during his historic voyage with Charles Darwin. After 250 years, how the Stormglass works is still a mystery, but it is believed that it has to do with the electromagnetic changes caused by weather and sun storms. The appearance of the crystals inside the glass indicates changes in the weather.
The Weems Stormglass is packaged in a handsome velvet-lined black gift box with brass mounting accessories, which include the base, a self tapping screw, finial and mounting accessory (to enable either wall or tabletop fixed mounting). The sealed glass chamber holds the crystals and is encapsulated in a beautifully crafted brass cylinder.
- Stormglass weather predictor
- Appearance of the crystals indicates changes in the weather.
- Sealed glass chamber holds the crystals
- Beautifully crafted brass cylinder
- Display freestanding or mounted using an optional mounting bracket.
- Unique gift for the home, boat, or office
- Made in Taiwan