ScienceWiz DNA Kit
Through the projects in this kit, discover the amazing DNA story and the central concepts of molecular biology using the step-by-step instructions and highly visual 3D illustrations.
The use of everyday materials demystifies the science of DNA; the following common household items were not practical to include in the kit, but will be needed: a fruit (kiwi, strawberry, or onion), salt, ice cubes, funnel or plastic lunch bag, 2 bowls, fork and knife, clear plastic cup, measuring cup, timer or clock with second hand, laundry detergent, food coloring, alcohol (chilled denatured, rubbing, or ethanol.)
- For ages 8 and up
- Extract DNA from a fruit.
- Probe and spool real DNA.
- Build a double helix.
- Solve a chromosome puzzle.
- Decipher between genders.
- Play the gene construction game.
- Includes 172 pieces to build a double helix, graduated test tube with caps, t