Perfume Science Kit
Follow your nose on a fragrant journey through the science, history, and art of making perfumes. Experiment with countless fragrance combinations on your way to becoming a master perfumer. Learn how your nose and olfactory system work with your brain to sense and recognize smells. Play games with your sense of smell and taste. Read about the long history of perfumes and take a peek into the perfume industry today. Discover where natural and synthetic fragrances come from. Use vegetable shortening to extract the fragrant oils from rose petals. Find out what makes a perfume different from a cologne. Design your own perfumes and learn how perfumes are meticulously composed. Train your nose to recognize the components of complex scents. Make a scented potpourri and a sweet-smelling sachet with your homemade perfumes. Design the perfume that suits you perfectly, and surprise your friends with perfumes made especially for them. Kids, this kit is designed to be done only with your parents for safety reasons.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
- 48-Page experiment manual
- 4 Basic perfume oils (20 ml each): lemony, woody, flory, musky
- 4 Creative perfume oils (10 ml each): orienta, mentha, mella, tropica
- Finalio Perfume Finisher (50 ml)
- 5 Cotton pads
- 2 Flacons with caps
- Cap for atomizer
- 2 Dropper pipettes
- Book of smell strips
- 2 Measuring cups with lids
- 2 Stirrers
- 5 Mini flacons with Caps
- Perfume bottle labels
- 48-Page manual
- 20 Experiments and activities
- Ages 10 and up
- Caution: This kit must be used only under the strict supervision of adults who have familiarized themselves with the experiments and safety precautions stated in the manual.