Pentax Papilio 8.5x21mm Super-Close Focus Binoculars
Add to cart to receive an even lower price!
Get up close and personal to the natural world with the Pentax Papilio 8.5x21mm Super-Close Focus Binoculars
. Named for the Latin word for butterfly, this compact and lightweight model is the perfect choice for insect observation in the field or for viewing artifacts in museums and art galleries. The enhanced observation capability is made possible by the Convergent Lens Optical System Engineering (CLOSE) mechanism, which automatically slides the left and right objective lenses toward the center to allow you to focus on objects as close as 1.6' away.
Featuring fully optical elements, high-refraction BaK4 prisms, a long 15mm eye relief, and a protective rubber housing, the Pentax Papilio 8.5x21mm Super-Close Focus Binoculars
are a great choice for spectator sports, hiking, and travel. Your binoculars come with a neck strap, a carrying case, and eyepiece lens covers.
- Magnification: 8.5x
- Lens size: 21mm
- Prism type: Porro BaK4
- Fully multicoated prism
- Full rubber housing
- Helicoid eyepiece ring
- Waterproof up to 3.28'
- Fog proof
- Nitrogen filled
- Eye relief: 15mm
- Objective lens construction: 2 elements in 1 group
- Eyepiece lens construction: 5 elements in 5 groups
- Real field of view: 6°
- Apparent field of view: 51°
- Field of view (at 1,000 yards): 315'
- Exit pupil: 2.5mm
- Focusing range: 1.6'-infinity
- Relative brightness: 6.3
- Right click-stop diopter adjustment
- Diopter adjustment range: +/- 4m -1
- Eye distance: 2.2"-2.9"
- Vergence correction: focus-coupled correction mechanism
- Neck strap
- Eyepiece lens cap
- Carrying case
- Size: 4.3"W x 4.6"H x 2.2"Thick
- Weight: 10.2oz
Limited Lifetime Warranty