Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Meal Powder - 20 Packets
To maintain lean muscle mass you need to consume high-protein meals 5-6 times a day. Whey Gold meal is a quick, convenient, and delicious meal providing premium proteins, quality carbohydrates, dietary fiber, vitamins, and essential minerals. By using only whey protein, the same instantized proteins (isolates, concentrates, and hydrolusates) found in our 100% Whey Gold Standard, we created a meal replacement of the highest nutritional value. Amino acid profiles differ as well. But whey protein have ht highest Biological Value, Protein Digestibility corrected amino acid score, and Protein Efficiency Ratio compared with any other single protein. Whey wins out because it's rich in all essential amino acids, it's rapidly digested, and easily assimilated. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the human body. However, heavy lifting and extreme physical exertion may exceed the body's ability to synthesize glutamine levels to fall, which could potentially weaken your immune system. That's why 16% of the total protein in each serving of Whey Gold Meal is comprised of naturally occurring glutamine and glutamine precursors. Branched Chain Amino Acids: BCAAs are unique in that they can be directly metabolized by muscle tissue to serve as an important fuel source during strenuous physical activity. Whey protein is one of nature's best sources of the three branched chain amino acids, leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Rapid Delivery: Whey proteins are some of the fastest digesting proteins available, which means you are able to absorb vital nutrients a short time before your workout. Rapid amino acid delivery is also critical immediately following your workout, when your liver and muscles are primed for recovery and glycogen resynthesis. Typical Amino Acid (Milligrams per serving) Essentials Amino Acids, Tryptophan 775, Valine 2616, Threonine 2917, Isoleucine 2803, Leucine 4942, Lysine 4111, Phenylalanine 1547, Methionine 955, Conditionally Essential Amino Acids, Arginine 1069, Cystine 792, Tyrosine 1370, Histidine 893, Proline 2506, Glutamine and; Presursors, Nonessential Amino Acids (NAAs) Aspartic Acid 4828, Serine 2146, Glycine 835, Alanine 2205. (These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.)
- Meal replacements
- Size: 20 - 76 g packets [3.34 lb (1520 g)]
- Available in Vanilla Custard and Chocolate Creme (in-stock status may vary).
- Ingredients (PDF)
- Suggested use: Directions: Blended: Add one packet of Whey Gold Meal to a blender filled with 5-6 ice cubes and 14-16 oz. of cold water, milk, or your favorite beverage. Cover and blend on highest speed for 45-60 seconds or until well mixed. You can add some flavor or added nutrients to your shake by including one or more of the ingredients suggestions listed on the side of this package. Shaker: Fill a shaker cup with 14-16 oz, of cold water, milk, or your favorite beverage. Add the contents of 1 packet, cover and shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds. Tip: Mixing one scoop with 14-16 fl oz. of nonfat milk instead of water will give you a thicker, creamier shake. Spoon stirred: Add one packet to large glass filled with 14-16 oz. of cold water, milk, of your favorite beverage. Mix thoroughly with a spoon for about 25 seconds or until powder is completely dissolved into the liquid.
- Consume 1-3 servings of Whey Gold Meal daily. Use in place of one or more of your 4-6 smaller meals or as a high protein, between meals snack. But with 45g of rapidly digested whey proteins and 20g of quality carbohydrates, Whey Gold Meal also makes an excellent post-workout recovery shake. Note: This product is not intended to serve as a sole source of nutrition. Do not use for weight reduction. Make sure that at least 50% of your daily nourishment comes from whole foods like fruits, vegetables, lean protein and whole grains.
- Manufacturer: Optimum Nutrition, Inc.
Allergen warning: This product contains whey derived from dairy and lecithin (to improve mixability) derived from soybeans.
This product is not intended to serve as a sole source of nutrition. Do not use for weight reduction. Make sure that at least 50% of your daily nourishment comes from nutritious whole foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains.