Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural 100% Casein Powder - 2 lbs
Rapid protein use is desirable immediately before and after exercise to help refuel recovering muscles, but delayed digestion and absorption may be more beneficial at other times - including bedtime when your body typically goes for hours without food. Casein proteins are acid sensitive and tend to thicken in the stomach. Because of this, it can take more than twice as long for our Gold Standard Natural 100% Casein to be broken down into its amino acid subcomponents then other proteins. Gold Standard Natural 100% Casein is also free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, and synthetic colors and uses only premium micellar caseins to create a protein formula that's truly time-released. No Artificial Flavors, Sweeteners, or Synthetic Colors. Loaded with Micellar Casein. 24 grams of time-released protein per serving.
Contains aminogen digestive enzymes to enhance utilization. Nearly 5 grams of BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine). Nearly 5 grams of Glutamine and; Glutamine Precursors in every scoop. Typical Amino Acid Profile (milligrams per serving) Essential Amino Acids (EAAs): Tryptophan: 265, Valine: 1555, Threonine: 1042, Isoleucine: 1312, Leucine: 1994, Lysine: 1772, Phenylalanine: 1068, Methionine: 608. Conditionally Essential Amino Acids (CAAs): Arginine: 873, Cystine: 74, Tyrosine: 1359, Histidine: 656, Proline: 2454, Glutamine and; Precursors: 4860. Nonessential Amino Acids (NAAs): Aspartic Acid: 1583, Serine: 1359, Glycine: 582, Alanine: 634. (These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.)
- Natural 100% casein powder
- Size: 2 lbs (908g)
- Available in French Vanilla and Chocolate Creme (in-stock status may vary).
- French Vanilla ingredients: Micellar Casein, Natural Flavor, Honey Powder, Evaporated Cane Juice, Salt, Cellulose Gum, Lecithin.
- Chocolate Creme ingredients: Micellar Casein, Natural Cocoa Powder, Natural Flavor, Honey Powder, Evaporated Cane Juice, Salt, Cellulose Gum, Lecithin.
- Suggested use: Consume approximately 1 gram of protein per found of body weight per day through a combination of high protein foods and supplements. For best results, consume your daily protein allotment over several small meals spread evenly throughout the day. Try using "slower" Natural 100% Casein with faster proteins like Natural 100% Whey or Natural Pro Complex at different times for maximum effectiveness. Take Natural 100% Casein immediately before bed and in between meals when delayed protein delivery is desired. Drink Natural 100% Whey or Natural Pro Complex proteins before and immediately after workouts for a rapid shot of amino acids. Using a shaker cup is the easiest way to mix up a consistently great casein shake every time. Just add one heaping scoop of Natural 100% Casein to your shaker cup and then pour in 10-12 oz of your preferred beverage. Cover and shake for 25-30 seconds.
- Tip: Adjust the intensity of your Natural 100% Casein by varying the amount of liquid that your use to prepare it. For a bolder flavor with slightly more body and sweetness, mix one scoop with 8-10 oz of water, milk, or your favorite beverage. For a milder tasting, less sweet shake, use 12-14 oz of liquid per scoop. Add one rounded scoop of Natural 100% Casein to a blender filled with 10-12 oz of water, milk or your favorite beverage. Blend for 20-30 seconds. Then add 3-4 ice cubes and blend for an additional 30 seconds. By adding a few high-energy ingredients to your shake you can blend up a delicious meal: try adding fresh or frozen fruits, peanut butter, flaxseed oil, yogurt, coconut, slivered almonds, or other ingredients. If you forgot your shaker cup or don't have time to get out the blender, you can just add one rounded scoop of Natural 100% Casein to glass filled with 10-12 oz of cold water, milk, or your favorite beverage. Then mix it up with a spoon for about 30 seconds or until powder is dissolved.
- Manufacturer: Optimum Nutrition, Inc.
Allergen Information: Contains Milk and Soy (Lecithin) Ingredients. Notice: Do not sue as a sole source of nutrition for weight loss or maintenance. Keep out of reach of children. Check with a qualified healthcare professional before taking this product if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, or under 18 years of age.