Little Crow Foods Fryin Magic Seasoned Coating Mix - 1 Box (16 oz)
Seasoned Coating Mix. For chicken, fish, and pork. Celebrating 105 years. Family made and family loved since 1903.
- 1 Box of 16 oz
- Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Cornmeal, Corn Flour, Salt, Farina, Soy Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Dextrose, Pepper, Sodium Phosphate, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Vegetable Stabilizer, Soda, Paprika, FD and C Yellow 5 and 6.
- 1. Dip: Moisten chicken, fish, pork, or vegetables in water, milk, or lightly beaten eggs. Shake off excess liquid. 2. Coat: Pour Fryin' Magic into shaker bag or onto plate. Shake or coat 1 to 2 pieces at a time (for saltwater fish, mix one part flour with one part Fryin' Magic and coat). 3. Cook: Just follow the simple cooking directions below. Note that the cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the meat. Less cooking time is required for boneless meats.
- Pan Frying (Preheat 1/4 cup oil in a skillet): Chicken (great on skinless chicken too!): Brown pieces over medium heat 5 minutes per side. Reduce heat and cover, then cook 40-50 minutes, turning occasionally. For crispy chicken, uncover last 5 minutes. Fish: Fry in open skillet over Medium heat. Cook 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Chops (pork or veal): Brown chops 5 minutes over Medium Heat. Reduce heat and cover, then cook 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally. Veggies: Slice vegetables. Use egg dip before coating. Fry in open skillet over Medium Heat, 5-7 minutes. Turn once halfway through cooking.
- Oven Frying (Use a shallow baking pan, approx. 13 in x 9 in x 1 in. Add 2 tbsp. oil. Set oven at 375°F). Chicken (great on skinless chicken too!): Place chicken in pan skin side down. Bake 20-30 minutes per side. For boneless chicken, bake 2-3 pieces for 20 minutes, 4-5 pieces for 25 minutes, or 6-8 pieces for 30 minutes. Turn occasionally. Fish: Cook 10-15 minutes per side. Chops (pork or veal): Bake 20-30 minutes per side.
- Deep Frying (Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350°F): Chicken (great on skinless chicken too!): Deep fry a few pieces at a time for 15-17 minutes. Fish: Cook 4-6 minutes or until thoroughly done. Veggies: Slice vegetables. Use egg dip before coating. Cook 2-5 minutes.
- Baking: Preheat oven to 350°F. Moisten meat in water. Pour Fryin' Magic into shaker bag or onto plate. Shake or coat 1 to 2 pieces at a time. Place meat in a shallow baking dish. Baking dish may be sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray. For chicken and pork chops, bake 20-30 minutes, turn, and bake 20-30 minutes longer. For fish, bake 10-15 minutes, turn, and bake 12-15 minutes longer.
- Manufacturer: Little Crow Foods