Garmin nuvi 850 GPS Navigator
Simply speaking, nüvi 850 is one advanced GPS navigator. It features voice-activated navigation, a widescreen display, preloaded maps, an FM transmitter and more. Like the rest of the wide nüvi 800-series, just speak a menu option and nüvi obeys your command. Simply press the button on the remote (which attaches to the steering wheel) to activate speech recognition. Tell nüvi "Find Address" and speak an address to start navigating.
With nüvi 850's widescreen display, you'll always get the big picture. View map detail, driving directions, photos and more in bright, brilliant color. Its sunlight-readable, 4.3" display is easy to read from any direction. The nüvi 850 comes ready to go right out of the box with preloaded City Navigator NT street maps and millions of points of interest (POIs) such as hotels, restaurants, fuel stations, ATMs and more. Speak a menu option or touch the color screen to enter a destination, and nüvi takes you there with 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. It even announces the name of exits and streets.
The nüvi 850 includes advanced navigational features to take the worry out of traveling. In addition, nüvi 850 automatically sorts multiple destinations to provide an efficient route for errands, deliveries or sales calls. nüvi 850's high-sensitivity internal (non flip-up) antenna gives it a sleeker, thinner design than the nüvi 600-series, making it easy to slip in your pocket or purse. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery makes it convenient for navigation by car or on foot.
Navigation is just the beginning. nüvi 850 includes many must have entertainment and travel tools including MP3 player, audio book player (subscription to Audible.com required), JPEG picture viewer, currency converters, Garmin games, alarm clock and more. With the included wireless FM transmitter, you can hear audio, including voice prompts, MP3s and audio books, through your vehicle's stereo.
- GPS navigator
- Use while driving, hiking, biking, or boating.
- Bright 4.3" diagonal touchscreen color display
- 480x272 Pixels
- WQVGA display with white backlight
- Offers speech recognition
- Preloaded with City Navigator North America NT map
- Up to 6 million POI
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver for improved performance & reception
- Choose 2D or 3D maps
- Turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance
- Text-to-speech feature
- Route planning with up to 10 saved routes
- Integrated FM wireless transmitter
- Where am I? Feature finds closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address & intersection.
- Automatically marks position when removed from windshield mount, so user can navigate on foot and find way back to vehicle.
- Picture navigation routes to geocoded point in JPEG files
- MP3 player
- Trip log provides electronic breadcrumb trail of up to 10,000 points to view travel history.
- Digital elevation maps
- Speed limit indicator
- Features qwerty or ABC keyboard
- Includes Garmin lock anti-theft feature
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time, and more
- Micro secure digital card slot
- Built-in rechargeable li-ion battery with up to 4 hours battery life
- Suction cup mount
- 3.1"W x 4.9"H x .7"D
- Weight: 6.1oz
- Product Information Sheet (PDF)
1 Year WarrantyProduct Manual (PDF)
Garmin has released a free, mandatory GPS software update to correct a software issue that has been discovered to cause the nuvi 8x5 Aand 7x5 devices to repeatedly attempt to update GPS firmware, and then either shut down or no longer acquire GPS satellite signals.
This affects the following Garmin Nuvis: 755T, 765T, 775T, 785T, 850, 855, 860, 865, 880, and 885.
Garmin Nuvi 7x5 and 8x5 series products should download a firmware update immediately that will correct the software issue. This firmware update may be downloaded using Garmin's WebUpdater program, http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp
We know our customers rely upon their Garmin GPS device(s), especially during the summer travel season, and we regret any inconvenience this situation may have caused. We are committed to developing products that are known for their quality and reliability and will continue to work diligently to earn the trust of our customers.