Cream of Wheat Enriched Farina - 1 Box (28 oz)
1 Box = 28 oz [1 lb 12 oz (794 g)]; Enriched Farina. Excellent source of iron and calcium. Disodium phosphate added for quick cooking. 2-1/2 Minute cook time. Good for a healthy heart. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease. A hot delicious bowl of Cream of Wheat provides 4 essential vitamins and minerals including iron and calcium. Cream of Wheat is a naturally fat free and cholesterol free food that is also low in sodium. Cream of Wheat makes a delicious food for infants aged 6-12 months. (Discuss introduction of solid foods and use of formula or milk with your child's pediatrician.) Cream of Wheat is easy to swallow, easy to digest, and an excellent source of iron for growth. Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
- 1 Box of 28 oz [1 lb 12 oz (794 g)]
- Ingredients: Wheat Farina, Partially Defatted Wheat Germ, Disodium Phosphate (for Quick Cooking). Vitamins and Minerals: Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Phosphate (Source of Iron), Niacin, Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid.
- Stovetop instructions (1 serving): 1-1/4 cups water or milk, 1/8 tsp salt (optional), 3 tbsp Cream of Wheat. 2 servings: 2 cups water or milk, 1/4 tsp salt (optional), 1/3 cup Cream of Wheat. 4 servings: 4 cups water or milk, 1/2 tsp salt (optional), 3/4 cup Cream of Wheat. 1. Bring water and salt to a boil. (Or if using milk, bring just a boil.) 2. Gradually add Cream of Wheat, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended. 3. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to Low; simmer uncovered, 2-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Cool slightly. Tips for Best Results: When preparing with milk, watch carefully, stirring to prevent milk from boiling over. For thinner cereal, stir in 1 to 2 tbsp additional hot water or milk for each serving. For thicker cereal, let stand a few minutes.
- Microwave directions (1 serving): 1. Mix 3 tbsp Cream of Wheat, 3/4 cup water or milk and a dash of salt in 1-qt microwaveable bowl or measuring cup. 2. Microwave on High 1 minute. Stir with wire whisk. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir. Cool slightly.
- Manufacturer: Kraft Foods North America Inc.
Caution: Bowl will be hot; carefully remove from microwave using pot holders. Note: Microwave ovens vary. Cooking times are approximate. Overheating can cause cereal to boil over.