Celestron SkyScout Personal Planetarium
The award-winning SkyScout is a revolutionary handheld device that uses advanced GPS technology with point and click convenience to identify thousands of stars, planets, constellations and more. Simply point the SkyScout at any star in the sky and click the "target" button. The SkyScout will tell you what object you are looking at. To locate a star or planet, select the object's name from the menu and follow the directional arrows through the viewfinder. SkyScout tells you when you are on target. It's that easy! Once you have targeted an object, the real fun begins. The SkyScout includes entertaining and educational audio and text information, including facts, trivia, history and mythology about our most popular celestial objects. A fun learning tool for all ages, the SkyScout personal planetarium puts the knowledge of an expert astronomer in the palm of your hand.
- Identifies celestial objects with the click of a button
- Locates over 50,000 stars, planets and constellations from built-in celestial database
- Provides scientific information for each object (requires free update to firmware to version 1.3).
- Comprehensive text and audio descriptions for the most popular objects
- Customized list of the 20 best objects to view for your exact date, time and location
- Guided tour through all the stars in that constellation and even see an onscreen map of the constellation.
- Built-in field guide includes: Introduction to Astronomy, Glossary of Terms, Great Astronomers, Man-Made Space Objects, and Comet Guide.
- Has SD card slot for optional "SkyScout Expansion Cards" audio presentations
- USB port allows database to be updated with new objects as they are discovered
- Simple enough for all ages - just turn it on and it's ready to use.
- Built-in help menu and quick start instruction guide
- Compact, light design makes it easy to carry
- Durable construction makes it safe for rugged environments
2 Year Limited Warranty