Celestron NexStar 114 SLT Telescope
You'll feel closer to the heavens than ever before. The NexStar 114 SLT has over twice the light-gathering power of an 80mm telescope. Like the other models in the SLT Series, it comes with a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 114 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. New SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze. Compact and lightweight in design, this scope can produce images bright enough to reveal the polar ice caps on Mars or the cloud belts on Jupiter! View the details of the lunar surface or the rings of Saturn, which are clearly visible with this telescope. With the extra light gathering capability of the 114 SLT, a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13), or the Great Nebula in Orion (M42) are available to you. Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 114 SLT's 4-1/2" primary mirror. Because of the Newtonian design, the mirror gives fully color-corrected views that are best suited for astronomical use.
- High-quality 114mm reflector
- Fully computerized altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no-tool setup
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included.
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects.
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process.
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet.
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use.
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer with optional RS-232 cable (cable not included)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Please see Additional Info tab for technical specifications.