Canon 8MP EOS Digital Rebel XT SLR Camera
For convenience, ease of use and no-compromise SLR performance, look no further than the EOS Digital Rebel XT. Featuring Canon's digital trinity - an 8.0 megapixel CMOS sensor, Canon's own DIGIC II Image Processor and compatibility with over 50 EF Lenses - the Digital Rebel XT has an all new lightweight and compact body, improved performance across the board and the easiest operation in its class, simplifying complex tasks and ensuring the perfect shot every time. With intuitive simplicity, powerful performance and unprecedented affordability, the Rebel XT is the EOS digital camera for everyone. Includes camera body (does not include lens), NB-2LH battery pack, battery charger, power cord for battery charger, USB interface cable, video cable, neck strap, viewfinder and body caps, EOS Digital Solutions CD-ROM (ZoomBrowser EX, ImageBrowser, ArcSoft PhotoStudio), Digital Photo Professional 1.6 CD-ROM (for RAW file conversion), instruction manual CD-ROM (PDF versions of the instruction manuals), and user's guides. Comes in black.
- 8.0MP CMOS sensor - The EOS Digital Rebel XT features Canon's 8.0MP CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensor, which captures images of exceptional clarity and tonal range and offers the most pixels in its class. This APS-C size sensor (22.2 x 14.8mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, creating an effective angle of view that is 1.6x the normal EF Lens focal length.
- DIGIC II Image Processor - The EOS Digital Rebel XT's sensor is driven by the DIGIC II Image Processor, which has been enhanced across the board with improvements in speed and image quality. Small and lightweight EOS digital SLR
- Fast 3fps shooting with a 14-frame burst
- High-speed, wide-area 7-point AF with superimposed focusing points
- User-selectable metering patterns, AF modes, custom functions
- Metering patterns - With the Digital Rebel XT, you have a choice of whether to use 35-zone AF point evaluative metering, partial metering at the center of the image or centerweighted averaged metering, similar to a meter in a traditional 35mm camera.
- AF modes - Where the original Digital Rebel chose your AF mode for you, the Digital Rebel XT offers a choice of 1-shot, AI Servo or AI focus, letting you make the call yourself.
- Custom functions - 9 custom functions with 24 settings
- Flash exposure compensation - The EOS Rebel XT offers a whole new level of flash photography: Canon's spectacular E-TTL II flash system can be customized with flash exposure compensation and 8 customized flash metering modes.
- USB 2.0 high-speed interface for quick downloads - Connect your camera to your computer with a USB 2.0 high-speed connection and your images will upload at speeds up to 10 times faster than with the original EOS Digital Rebel.
- Compatible with more than 50 EF and EF-S Lenses and accessories
- Flash photography - The EOS Digital Rebel XT features the acclaimed E-TTL II flash metering system. Whether using its pop-up flash or any of the flashes in the Speedlite line, E-TTL II provides stable flash brightness Canon's new Speedlite 580 EX is perfectly suited to the Digital Rebel XT.
1 Year Limited WarrantyAdditional Info (PDF)