Betty Crocker Cookie Mix - Sugar - 1 Bag (17.5 oz)
1 Bag = 17.5 oz (1 lb 1.5 oz) 496 g; Cookie Mix - Sugar Cookie. Homemade cookies in 20 minutes! Great for cutout cookies! Makes 3 dozen 2" cookies. Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 1-1/2 fat. Carbohydrate choice: 1-1/2.
- 1 Bag of 17.5 oz (1 lb 1.5 oz) 496 g
- Ingredients: Sugar, Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil, Baking Soda, Corn Starch, Salt, Vanillin, Soy Flour, Egg, and Nonfat Milk.
- Prep time: 7 minutes. Bake time: 9 minutes. You will need: 1 Stick butter, margarine or spread (1 stick = 1/2 cup. If using spread, use one that has more than 65% oil) melted. For great homemade cookies, the Betty Crocker Kitchens recommend using real butter.
- Directions: 1. Heat oven to 375F. Stir cookie mix, melted butter and egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms. 2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. 3. Bake as directed below or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet. Cool completely; store in airtight container. Shiny metal cookie sheet: 7-9 minutes bake time; dark or nonstick cookie sheet: 6-8 minutes bake time. High altitude (3,500-6,500'): Make using 1/3 cup butter, margarine or spread, melted, and 1 egg. Bake cookies on shiny metal or dark or nonstick cookie sheet 7-9 minutes. Bake larger cookies (see Betty's Tips) 10-13 minutes. Betty's Tips: For about 2 dozen larger cookies, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 11-17 minutes. Cool cookie sheet between batches because dough will spread too much if placed on a hot or even warm, cookie sheet. Cutout cookies: Heat oven to 375F. Make cookie mix as directed - except decrease melted butter to 1/3 cup and stir in 2 tbls Gold Medal all-purpose flour with the cookie mix. Roll dough on floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with 2" cookie cutter. (If using cutter smaller than 2", dip in flour for easier cutting. Keep remaining dough covered while rolling and cutting first batch of cookies). Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake as directed above. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet. Cool completely. Frost and decorate if desired. High altitude (3,500-6,500'): No change.
- Manufacturer: General Mills Sales, Inc.
Contains wheat, milk, soy, and egg ingredients.