with 1080p HD gives you all the best entertainment right on your widescreen TV. Choose from thousands of current and classic movies and TV shows on iTunes - many in amazing 1080p HD. Watch live sports in HD. Access content from Netflix, YouTube, Vimeo, and more.* And with AirPlay, you can play video, show off photos, and enjoy music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on your TV.**
* Selected titles now available on Netflix. Subscription required for Netflix.
** AirPlay is available on all devices running iOS 4.3 or later. Some features require the latest software. Requires second-generation Apple TV
- Apple TV
- 1080p HD
- Single-core A5 chip processor
- Ports: 1 HDMI; 1 optical audio; 1 Fast Ethernet; IR receiver; microUSB (for service and support)
- Wireless-N WiFi networking
- Buy or rent from the largest selection of HD movies - over 15,000 titles.
- Buy commercial-free HD TV shows - over 90,000 TV episodes.
- Stream from the huge Netflix catalog of movies and TV shows (subscription required)
- Browse and play YouTube and Vimeo videos, access online Flickr photos, watch HD podcasts, and listen to Internet radio.
- Wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your widescreen TV.
- View the most recent photos taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud (requires iCloud-enabled device).
- Watch live and archived MLB, NBA, and NHL games in HD.2
- With an iTunes Match subscription you can listen to all of your favorite songs in your iCloud library from your HDTV.
- Enjoy all the photos, music, and videos on your computer on the best TV and speakers in the house.
- Stream everything you watch over 802.11n WiFi.
- Simple setup with a single HDMI cable for both audio and video (cable sold separately).
- Built-in 6W universal power supply
- 7-Button aluminum remote
- Measures 3.9"W x 3.9"H x .9"D
- Weighs .6 lb
System requirements: WiFi (802.11a, b, g, or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g, or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network. iTunes Store account for buying or renting movies and buying TV shows. Netflix account for streaming Netflix content. For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing. MLB.TV subscription required to watch live and archived games. NBA.com League Pass Broadband subscription required to watch live and archived games. NHL GameCenter Live subscription required to watch live and archived games.
Video formats: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30fps, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov.
File formats: MPEG-4 video up to 2.5Mbps, 640x480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats. Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30fps, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
Audio formats: HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16-320Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16-320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through.
TV compatibility: Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz. Photo formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF.