Meijer® Credit Card and Meijer® MasterCard® Rewards Program
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS IN THE MEIJER CREDIT CARD AND MEIJER MASTERCARD REWARDS PROGRAM.
YOU WILL EARN A $10 REWARD CERTIFICATE FOR EVERY $750 SPENT ON YOUR MEIJER CREDIT CARD OR MEIJER MASTERCARD. FOR ACCURAL PURPOSES, DOLLARS SPENT AND COUNTING TOWARD REWARD CERTIFICATES WILL EXPIRE 12 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE. ONCE YOU SPEND $750 DOLLARS YOU WILL RECEIVE A $10 REWARDS CERTIFICATE VALID TOWARD PURCHASES AT MEIJER. REWARD CERTIFICATES ARE ISSUED FOR AWARD PURPOSES AND EXPIRE AS NOTED ON THE REWARDS CERTIFICATE.
THIS REWARDS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED BY MEIJER WHICH IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM OPERATION. MEIJER MAY CHANGE OR DISCONTINUE THE TERMS OF THE PROGRAM AT ANY TIME.
1. General Information and Definitions. The Meijer Credit Card and Meijer MasterCard Rewards Program ("Program") allows you to earn Reward Certificates on the dollars you spend as described in Section 3 below, using your Meijer Credit Card or Meijer MasterCard Account ("Account"). You will receive $10 Reward Certificates valid at Meijer, as described in Section 4 below.
While the Program may be related to your Meijer Credit Card or Meijer MasterCard Credit Card Account Agreement ("Agreement"), which governs the use of your Meijer Credit Card or Meijer MasterCard ("Card"), these Program Terms are separate and independent from your Agreement. In the event of any conflict between these Program Terms and your Agreement, these Terms will control in any matter relating to the Program.
In these Program Terms, "you" and "your" mean the Account holder. "We," "our," and "us" mean Meijer or its successors or assignees. "Bank" means Comenity Bank or its successors or assignees. Other capitalized words not specifically defined have the same meaning as in your Agreement.
There is no additional cost to you to participate in the Program. See your Agreement for any fees that you may incur for using your Meijer Credit Card or Meijer MasterCard.
The Program is not available to the extent it is prohibited by federal, state, or local law. FROM TIME TO TIME WE MAY CHANGE THE PROGRAM AND THESE PROGRAM TERMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW, INCLUDING ANY APPLICABLE NOTICE REQUIREMENTS.
2. Eligibility. You will be automatically enrolled in the Program when the Bank opens your Account. To remain eligible to accumulate dollars under the Program, your Account must be in Good Standing. "Good Standing" means your Account is (1) open to new charges, (2) not more than 60 days past due under the Agreement, and (3) not flagged as lost, stolen, or fraudulent according to Bank's written or electronic records. You will remain in the Program as long as your Account is in Good Standing and we continue to offer the Program, unless you notify us of cancellation. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Program Terms, we reserve the right to approve, deny or revoke membership in the Program to any individual at any time for any reason whatsoever.
3. Earning Reward Certificates. Every dollar spent on Net New Purchases on your Account will apply towards a Reward Certificate so long as your Account is in Good Standing.
For the Meijer MasterCard, you will earn a $10 Reward Certificate for every $750 in Net New Purchases spent on your Meijer MasterCard anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
For the Meijer credit card, you will earn a $10 Reward Certificate for every $750 in Net New Purchases spent on your Meijer Credit Card at Meijer or Meijer Gas Stations.
"Net New Purchases" means purchases of goods and/or services made by you or any Authorized User on your Account minus any returns, refunds or credit adjustments, rounded to the nearest dollar. Dollars awarded for purchases that are returned or refunded or otherwise adjusted will be deducted from your total. Such deductions may result in a negative dollars balance, in which case, any dollars you spend will be applied to reduce that negative balance and you will not be able to earn Reward Certificates until you again have a positive balance.
When purchases are made on the following items, the dollars spent will not count towards your dollars balance for the purpose of earning Reward Certificates: balance transfers, convenience checks, cash advances, overdraft advances, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, purchases of money orders, travelers checks, foreign currency, quasi-cash or other cash equivalents, purchases made by or for a business or for a business purpose; fraudulent transactions; and transactions subject to adjustment; or on interest or fees of any kind, such as finance charges, late payment fees, and cash advance fees.
We may from time to time make special offers for you to earn additional bonus dollars on specific purchases. The terms and conditions for such special offers (such as which purchases qualify and the number of additional dollars you may earn) will be disclosed at the time of offer. Please check those terms and conditions carefully, as there may be important conditions or limitations (such as blackout periods, point limitations or exclusions). Availability of any special offer is subject to change without notice.
Some or all of such special offers to accumulate additional bonus dollars may require you to register your Account in order to be eligible for the offer. For special offers requiring registration, the offer will provide you with information on how to register, as well as the time period in which you must register in order to be eligible for the offer; you must register within the required time period and prior to making a qualifying purchase in order to receive the additional dollars on such purchase.
Merchant Classification: Each merchant - that is a retailer, business or any other place where you can make a purchase - is assigned a code that indicates the merchant's area of business. For example, gas stations or grocery stores are each generally assigned a specific merchant code. We don't assign or have any control over merchant codes. Merchant codes are chosen and assigned by a third party, who may change the codes from time to time. When you make a purchase at a merchant, we are provided the code for the merchant. If the merchant code matches a category that gives you additional rewards, you will receive the additional rewards dollars for that purchase. Because we don't control what code a merchant is assigned, sometimes a purchase that you think fits a certain category may not earn additional rewards dollars.
Dollars are considered spent when they are posted to your balance, which generally will be on the same day that the purchase is posted to your Account. However, dollars may take up to 3 days to be posted following a qualifying purchase. For special promotions, bonus dollars may be awarded at the end of a promotional period. Please refer to the specific offer for details. We reserve the right to verify and adjust dollars at any time prior to or following posting or redemption. Your dollars spent balance shown on Account Center will be updated daily.
There is no maximum number of dollars that may be earned per billing period or year.
4. Redeeming Dollars for Rewards. You will receive a $10 Reward Certificate automatically each time you spend $750 on eligible purchases on your Meijer MasterCard or Meijer credit card account. Certain exclusions may apply to Reward Certificates; please see Reward Certificate for specific details and exclusions.
$750 spend = $10 reward
Reward Certificates will be sent to the customer in one of two ways:
Digital Rewards: You may earn a maximum of two Reward Certificates per day. Dollars will be redeemed on a "first in, first out" basis, such that the first dollars spent will be the first dollars redeemed. Any dollars above the maximum redemption will roll over to the next earning period. A customer may opt in to digital rewards at mperks.com
You may earn a maximum of 42 Reward Certificates per earning period. Each earning period is between 15-21 days. Dollars will be redeemed on a "first in, first out" basis, such that the first dollars spent will be the first dollars redeemed. Any dollars above the maximum redemption will roll over to the next earning period.
Once you've receive a Reward Certificate, your dollars balance will be reduced by the number of dollars used to obtain the Reward Certificate. In the event a return, refund, or credit adjustment results in insufficient dollars for a previously received Reward Certificate, new dollars spent will be applied to the previously received Reward Certificate until such time as sufficient dollars are spent to cover the previously received Reward Certificate. You will not be able to receive Reward Certificates or apply dollars toward new Reward Certificates until you again have a positive balance.
If dollars earned are determined to be unauthorized or fraudulent, you will not earn a Reward Certificate for those dollars.
Dollars you earn may not be combined with dollars earned by anyone else for purposes of receiving Rewards. Dollars earned have no cash value, and cannot be purchased, sold or redeemed for cash. Dollars may not be used as payment of any outstanding obligations to the Bank or its affiliates.
You will only receive Reward Certificates if your Account is in Good Standing, as defined in Section 2. If your Account is not in Good Standing, you will not be eligible to receive Reward Certificates until the end of the billing period in which your Account is once again in Good Standing.
5. Point Expiration and Forfeiture. Dollars not applied to a Reward Certificate will be carried over to the following statement period. However, dollars will expire 12 months after the date that they are spent. Once dollars expire, they may not be redeemed. You will also forfeit your unused and unexpired dollars if you attempt to violate the prohibitions on the transfer of dollars, if you file for bankruptcy, or if the Bank or you close your Account for any reason. You will not be entitled to and will not receive any compensation from us for your dollars that expire or are forfeited.
6. Rewards. Rewards Certificates can be combined with other Rewards Certificates. A Reward Certificate is not combinable with any other discount, except as otherwise provided in a specific offer. Reward Certificates have no cash value and may not be applied to taxes or shipping charges. Reward Certificates will not be honored retroactively in connection with any prior purchases. Reward Certificates expire as noted on the digital rewards or paper Rewards Certificate.
7. Communications. We may communicate with you regarding any matter related to the Program by mail, telephone, or electronic communication. You may update your contact information for your Meijer Credit Card at comenity.net/meijercreditcard or 1-855-703-4527 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) or your Meijer MasterCard at comenity.net/meijermastercard or 1-855-782-7540 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788). Neither We nor the Bank are responsible for communications, including Rewards, lost due to change of address or other contact information.
8. Program Activity and Customer Service. You can view your Program activity, the number of unused and unexpired dollars in your dollars balance and any redemption activity for your Meijer Credit Card at comenity.net/meijercreditcard or 1-855-703-4527 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) or your Meijer MasterCard at comenity.net/meijermastercard or 1-855-782-7540 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) for such information and to find out whether you earned dollars from a particular transaction; whether a Reward Certificate was properly redeemed; the status of a redemption order; or want to ask any other question regarding the Program.
9. Dollar Disputes. Your billing rights and the special rights that apply when you are dissatisfied with your credit card purchases, which rights are set forth in your Agreement, do not apply to the Program. If you believe that a purchase made on your Account should have resulted in the addition of dollars to your dollars balance, and such dollars are not reflected in the dollars balance within forty-five (45) days of the date on which the purchase posted to your Account, notify the Bank immediately. The Bank will use reasonable efforts to investigate your dispute so long as you notify the Bank of such dispute within ninety (90) days of the posting date of such purchase. If you do not notify the Bank within such ninety (90)-day period, you will have waived your right to make a dispute with respect to that purchase. In order for the Bank to undertake an investigation of your dispute, the Bank may require you to provide written confirmation of the dispute. If the Bank does not receive the requested written confirmation at the address and within the time requested by the Bank, the Bank may in its sole discretion determine not to investigate your dispute. Upon completion of the Bank's investigation of your dispute, the Bank will have no further responsibilities should you later reassert the same dispute.
10. Limited Liability. Unless otherwise required by law or our agreements with you, neither the Bank nor Meijer nor any of our or its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, or agents will be liable to you, or anyone making a claim on your behalf, in connection with (a) any termination of, change in, or temporary suspension of the Program; (b) any claim relating to any products purchased using any Reward Certificate obtained through the Program; (c) any loss, damage, expense or inconvenience caused by any occurrence outside of our control; or (d) any taxes that you incur as a result of receiving or redeeming dollars. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any liability that we may have to you in connection with the Program shall be limited to the amount of any dollars you have earned in accordance with these Program Terms.
12. Changes to the Program. Subject to any notice requirements and other limitations imposed by applicable law, we may, at any time: (a) change, limit, or terminate any aspect of the Program or these Program Terms, including the types of rewards available, the items available as rewards, and the cost of rewards; (b) terminate the Program in its entirety; (c) amend these Program Terms in whole or in part, including adding provisions covering subjects not previously addressed; (d) discontinue or replace any rewards with similar rewards or rewards of lesser, equal or greater value; (e) add or increase fees charged in connection with the Program; or (f) terminate your participation in the Program for any reason. Changes may apply retroactively and may affect outstanding transactions and dollars, and may include, without limitation, the earnings rate for dollars, the number of dollars required to obtain specified rewards, the type of transactions qualifying for rewards, the type or value of rewards, the expiration date of dollars, and the maximum number of dollars that may be earned per billing period or year. Any of the foregoing actions may be taken even if such actions affect the value of dollars already earned.
13. Cancelling Program Participation. You may cancel your participation in the Program at any time by calling us at 1-855-703-4527 (Meijer Credit Card); 1-855-782-7540 (Meijer MasterCard) (TDD/TTY 1-800-695-1788) If you cancel your participation in the Program, you will no longer earn dollars and, as previously noted, you will forfeit your unused and unexpired dollars.
14. Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards. You will not lose your unused and unexpired dollars if your Card is lost, stolen or damaged and the Bank provides a replacement Card, even if such replacement Card has a different Account number. However, if your Card is reported as lost, stolen, or damaged you will not earn dollars until the Bank provides a replacement Card.
16. Not Transferable. Dollars are not your property and are not transferable to anyone by operation of law or otherwise. Dollars may not be transferred between Accounts issued by the Bank, may not be transferred upon death or as part of any domestic relations legal proceedings, and may not be brokered, bartered, sold or transferred in any way. Rewards Certificates are non-transferable. Any attempted transaction of such sort will automatically be void. Anyone selling, purchasing, brokering, bartering, transferring, or altering dollars, either wholly or partially, shall be liable for payment of the applicable full retail price of any rewards obtained with them, as well as all damages, including, but not limited to consequential damages, transaction costs, and litigation costs (including attorney's fees and costs at trial and on appeal and in any bankruptcy proceeding). Any brokered, bartered, altered, sold, or purchased dollars shall likewise be void and may be deducted from your dollars balance. Any violation of these provisions will result in termination of your eligibility to participate in the Program and forfeiture of unused dollars.
17. Taxes. You are solely liable for any applicable federal, state or local income, sales, use, or other taxes arising out of the accrual or use of dollars. Consult your tax advisor concerning any tax consequences that may arise from your participation in the Program.
18. Severability. If a court of competent jurisdiction or any government agency determines that any provision of these Program Terms is void or unenforceable, that provision will continue to be enforceable to the extent permitted by that court or agency, and the remainder of that provision will no longer be considered as part of these Program Terms. However, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
19. Governing Law. The Program and these Program Terms are governed by federal law and, to the extent state law applies, the laws of the State of Delaware without any reference to its choice of law provisions.
20. Call Monitoring and Recording. Our goal is to provide you with the best quality service; therefore, your call may be recorded.
21. Entire Agreement; No Waiver By Us. These Program Terms contain the entire understanding between you and us regarding the Program. These Program Terms replace and supersede any previous terms and conditions governing the Program we may have provided to you. We can delay enforcing our rights under these Program Terms without losing them. In addition, our failure to exercise our rights on any one occasion, or even on more than one occasion, does not constitute a waiver of our rights for any future occasion. All waivers must be in writing.
Meijer credit card accounts are issued by Comenity Bank.
The Meijer MasterCard is issued by Comenity Bank, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Marks are registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated Inc.