Special K® Carrot Muffins
PREP TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Original cereal (crushed to 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- In medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and allspice. Set aside.
- Measure KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K cereal, sugar, and buttermilk into large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Stir in egg whites, oil, and carrots.
- Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spoon batter evenly into twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Special K® Nachos Casserole
PREP TIME: 25 mins
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 5 mins
- 1 cup chunky taco sauce
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chiles
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Original cereal
-- or --
4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- Combine taco sauce and chiles. Set aside.
- In large fry pan, brown turkey and onions. Remove from heat. Drain. Add cumin, beans, yogurt, 1/2 cup of the cheese, half of the taco
sauce mixture and water.
- Place 2 cups of the KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K cereal in shallow 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover with meat mixture. Top with remaining taco sauce mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cereal.
- Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake just until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Serve hot garnished with tomatoes, green onions, olives and sour cream.
Special K® Meat Loaf
PREP TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 3 hours 35 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned, diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Press mixture lightly in 9 1/4 x 5 1/4-inch loaf pan coated with
- Bake at 350° F about 1 1/2 hours or or until done (160 degrees F).
Let stand about 5 minutes before turning out. Serve immediately
Start your day with deliciousness.
Fruit & Yogurt
Fall in love with snack time.
Pastry Crisps & Brownies
Satisfy your sweet tooth and bite into bliss.
Fudge Brownie Bites
Blondie Brownie Bites
Chips & Crackers
Satisfy your cravings for crispy chips.
Sweet & Salty
Shakes & Drinks
Shake up your morning or refresh your H2O.
Find a new warm and delicious favorite in your freezer.
Sausage, Egg & Cheese
Ham, Egg & Pepper Jack Cheese
Deluxe Egg and Cheese
Red Berries Waffles
Take the Special K Challenge™
Wake up every morning and snack throughout the day with the the positive nutrition you need. Special K™ offers a full line of healthy options, inlcuding cereal, cereal bars, snacks you'll love, pastry crisps and brownies to satisfy your sweet tooth, and chips that have 110 calories for 30 crispy chips. And when you start a Special K™ Plan, you're taking the first step towards real, positive changes in how you look and feel.