tasty holiday recipes for you & yours
Tree Trimmer Treats
PREP TIME: 20 mins | TOTAL TIME: 40 mins | SERVINGS: 12
- 12 (6" lengths) red or black string licorice
- 12 JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 ox., about 40) JET-PUFFED
Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups KELLOGG'S® Rice Krispies® cereal
- M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies
- Fold each licorice piece in half and push ends through centers of 12 miniature marshmallows. Set aside.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add 10 ounces marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG'S Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ornament shape around licorice ends. Cool. Decorate with frosting and M&M'S® brand chocolate candies. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
TIP: For best results, use fresh marshmallows. Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended. Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
how to make Tree Trimmer Treats
Spruce up Santa's snack with your little helpers by decorating each tasty ornament shape with frosting and Christmas-colored M&M'S® brand chocolate candies.
PREP TIME: 20 mins | TOTAL TIME: 1hr 20 mins | SERVINGS: 24
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups KELLOGG'S® Cocoa Krispies® cereal or 6 cups KELLOGG'S Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 package (6oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm. Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars when cool.
TIP: Before measuring the corn syrup, coat your measuring cup with cooking spray--the syrup will pour easily out of the cup.
how to make Chocolate Scotcheroos
It's fun to say. They're fun to make. And, thanks to the chocolate, butterscotch, and peanut butter, they're even more fun to eat.
Mint Chocolate Minglers
PREP TIME: 15 mins | TOTAL TIME: 30 mins | SERVINGS: 16
- 1 pacakge (10 oz., 2 cups) semi-sweet cholocate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 cups KELLOGG'S® Crispix® cereal
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In small, heavy saucepan melt chocolate morsels and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in peppermint extract.
- In large bowl pour chocolate mixture over Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal. Stir until evenly coated.
- Place powdered sugar in 2-gallon, zipper-type, plastic bag. Add cereal
mixture. Close bag and gently toss until evenly coated. Store in airtight
container in refrigerator.
In large microwave safe bowl melt chocolate morsels and butter at high for 1-1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in peppermint extract. Add Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal. Stir until evenly coated. Continue as directed in step 3 above.
how to make Mint Chocolate Minglers
Chocolate and mint coated cereal is a sure-fire hit for holiday parties. If you want something different, try substituting 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract for the mint extract.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
PREP TIME: 15 mins | TOTAL TIME: 4hrs 10 mins | SERVINGS: 16
- 1 pacakge (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 KEEBLER® Ready Crust Graham Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add egg, mixing until just combined.
- Toss together 1 cup chocolate morsels and flour. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 350°F about 25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool for 1 hour.
- In small saucepan combine 1/2 cup chocolate morsels and cream.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts and
mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Pour over cheesecake. Cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.
TIP: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.
how to make Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
A rich, chocolate ganache tops this cheesecake studded with miniature chocolate morsels.
Savor the Holiday Season with Kellogg's®
This holiday season, give the gift of delicious homemade treats from Kellogg's®. With recipes for Tree Trimmer Treats™ and Chocolate Scotcheroos, you're sure to find the perfect snack to bring friends and family together. And for a limited time, you can earn music money when you buy qualifying Kellogg's® products. With delicious treats featuring your favorite Kellogg's® products like Rice Krispies® and Crispix® as well as Ticketmaster music money, you can be sure you & yours have a joyous Christmas and a happy new year.