- Maple Glazed Ham ▶
- Braised Brisket with Garlic ▶
- Classic Lasagna ▶
- Cheddar Potato Casserole
- Stuffed Zucchini
- Savory Vegetables
- Green Bean Casserole
- Ultra Creamy Mashed Potatoes
PREP TIME: 10 mins | TOTAL TIME: 2 hrs 20 mins
This delectable spiral ham is basted with a mustard-maple syrup mixture, and then served with a tempting sauce - it's great as an entrée or buffet dish.
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 unglazed fully-cooked bone-in spiral-sliced ham (about 9 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-3/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- Stir 2 tablespoons syrup and 1 tablespoon mustard in a small bowl.
- Place the ham into a roasting pan and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour 30 minutes. Uncover the ham. Brush the ham with the syrup mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the ham is hot, brushing occasionally with the syrup mixture.
- Stir the cornstarch, broth, thyme, black pepper, remaining syrup and remaining mustard in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the butter in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir the cornstarch mixture in the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve with the ham.
Braised Brisket with Garlic
PREP TIME: 30 mins | TOTAL TIME: 3 hrs 30 mins
Braised brisket is a lovely dish. Advance preparation cuts down on last-minute cooking and makes it easier to remove the fat from the gravy.
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 beef brisket (about 5 pounds)
- 36 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cups Swanson® Beef Stock (Regular or Unsalted)
- 3 to 4 sprigs fresh thyme or 2 tlbs dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
- Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Heat the oven to 325°F. Grate 1 teaspoon zest from the lemon.
- Heat the olive oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the beef from the pan. Pour off all but 1 t ablespoon pan drippings.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic to the pan and cook until golden, stirring occasionally. Add the vinegar to the pan and cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the stock, thyme and rosemary sprigs. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with the black pepper.
- Return the beef to the pan. Spoon the stock mixture over the beef. Cover the pan.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Baste the beef with the pan juices every 30 minutes. Remove the beef from the pan, cover and keep warm.
- Strain the pan drippings through a sieve into a medium bowl, reserving the garlic and discarding the thyme and rosemary sprigs. Spoon off any fat.
- Place about half the garlic cloves and about 1 cup pan drippings into a food processor or blender. Cover and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the garlic mixture, remaining garlic cloves, remaining pan drippings, chopped rosemary, minced garlic and lemon zest in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat to a boil. Cook and stir until the gravy is thickened. Serve the gravy with the beef.
PREP TIME: 30 mins | TOTAL TIME: 1 hrs 30 mins
It's all about the layering when you make lasagna and is so easy when you start with a sauce already made and delicious.
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (45 ounces) Prego® Three Cheese Italian Sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- Stir the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and eggs in a medium bowl and set it aside.
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the beef until it's well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat. Stir the sauce in the saucepan.
- Spoon 1 cup meat mixture in each of two 2-quart shallow baking dishes. Top each with 2 lasagna noodles and about 1-1/4 cups cheese mixture. Repeat the layers. Top with the remaining 2 lasagna noodles, remaining meat mixture and the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or it's until hot and bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes.
To freeze, prepare lasagna but do not bake. Cover tightly with foil and freeze. Bake frozen lasagna uncovered at 350°F for 1 hour 15 minutes or until hot. Or, refrigerate 24 hours to thaw. Bake thawed lasagna uncovered at 350°F for 50 minutes or until hot. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cheddar Potato Casserole ▶
- Stuffed Zucchini ▶
- Savory Vegetables ▶
- Green Bean Casserole ▶
- Ultra Creamy Mashed Potatoes ▶
- Maple-Glazed Ham
- Braised Brisket with Garlic
- Classic Lasagna
Cheddar Potato Casserole
PREP TIME: 10 mins | TOTAL TIME: 40 mins
Savory mashed potatoes are laced with a cheddar cheese sauce, sour cream and green onion. Baked to a golden turn, this dish is a real crowd pleaser.
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- Stir the potatoes, soup, sour cream, black pepper and onion in a medium bowl. Spoon the potato mixture into a 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the potato mixture is hot.
To make 3 cups mashed potatoes, place 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces, into a 3-quart saucepan. Add water to cover and heat over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain. Mash the potatoes with 3/4 cup milk and 2 tablespoons butter.
PREP TIME: 20 mins | TOTAL TIME: 1 hr
When you're looking for an elegant side dish that tastes as good as it looks, give this recipe a try...it makes a great complement to most main dishes.
- 2 medium zucchini or 2 baby eggplants
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup cooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups Prego® Veggie Smart® Smooth & Simple Italian Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a melon baller, scoop the pulp out of each zucchini half, leaving an 1/8-inch-thick shell. Dice the pulp and reserve the zucchini shells.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and zucchini pulp and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the rice and 1 cup sauce and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture into the zucchini shells. Place the filled shells into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the oregano and cheese.
- Bake at 400°F. for 30 minutes or until the zucchini shells are tender.
PREP TIME: 4 mins | TOTAL TIME: 1 15 mins
You won't believe how the flavor of fresh vegetables is enhanced by cooking them in chicken broth instead of water...and you've got a delicious side dish in just 15 minutes.
- 1 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 3 cups cut-up fresh vegetables (broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, sliced carrots and sliced celery)
- Heat the broth and vegetables in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Drain the vegetables.
Green Bean Casserole
PREP TIME: 10 mins | TOTAL TIME: 40 mins
Feeding a crowd? What's better than green bean casserole, with its flavorful combination of cream of mushroom soup, green beans, and crispy French fried onions? It's one of our all-time favorites!
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups cooked cut green beans
- 2-2/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
- Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 1-1/3 cups onions in a 3-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- For the green beans, you can use 2 bags (16 to 20 ounces each) frozen green beans, thawed, 4 packages (9 ounces each) frozen green beans, thawed, 4 cans (14.5 ounces each) green beans, drained or about 3 pounds fresh green beans.
- For extra crunch, add 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds to the onion topping.
Ultra Creamy Mashed Potatoes
PREP TIME: 15 mins | TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
The secret to making these potatoes extra-flavorful is cooking them in chicken broth. Then they're mashed until perfectly smooth and creamy with just the right amount of butter, cream and pepper.
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 5 large potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Campbell's® Turkey Gravy, heated according to package directions Generous dash ground black pepper
- Heat the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander, reserving the broth.
- Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup reserved broth, the cream, butter and black pepper. Add additional reserved broth, if needed, until desired consistency.
For Ultra Creamy Sweet Potatoes, substitute 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 1/2 cups) for the potatoes. Makes 5 servings.
Easy Chicken & Biscuits
Chef Twist -- Green Bean Casserole
How to Mash Potatoes
How to Tell When a Turkey is Done
Campbell's brands keep you cooking through Christmas.
These new easy family recipes from Campbell's brands will save you money and give you fun and festive dishes from football season through Christmas dinner. Look for digital coupons and recipes using Campbell's® Chunky™ soup and chili, Campbell's® HomeStyle cans or bowls, Campbell's® Slow Cooker Sauce, Campbell's® condensed soups, Swanson® broth, Pace® salsa and picante sauce, and Prego® pasta sauces. Try great new recipes to grace your tailgate and holiday table, and don't miss out on what the secret ingredient is in Campbell's “Secret Ingredient Sweet Potato Pie”!